Auria MIDI Capabilities

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

FranksRiffs
Expert

Auria MIDI Capabilities

Post by FranksRiffs » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:40 pm

It it possible to make Auria midi work with input AUs? I am trying to use Xequence’s very nice Pads plug in and can’t make it talk to my sampler on the same track. The same with AudioVeek plugs.

Attachments
FE2020FA-156B-4D40-A760-106C9826492B.png

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Auria MIDI Capabilities

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi Frank, as already mentioned in the iPad Musician forum (I’m also answering here so Rim is aware of the issue) it doesn’t work no matter what setup you use. Auria Pro does not detect MIDI data coming out of the plugin, no matter if you load it as instrument or as an effect in a channel strip slot.
I have managed to use Rozeta plugins (loaded as AU MIDI instruments) in a limited way in Auria Pro, but this case is different. I suspect that AU MIDI effects like this one are not totally supported in current Auria Pro version, so let’s hope that with the MIDI overhaul that Rim is doing this could be fixed in the upcoming update.

Additional comment for @Rim:
In current Auria Pro version 2.21 you can use some AU MIDI instruments but in a limited way. Just as an example, a very useful plugin is Rozeta XOX for programing drum patterns (as Auria Pro doesn’t have any dedicated tool for this). You can load it in a MIDI track and drive other plugin (i.e Ruismaker FM) loaded in an audio track. This way you can record the MIDI generated by Rozeta XOX and the audio generated by Ruismaker FM. However, you can’t drive any other MIDI track, so it’s not possible to sequence any Lyra instrument (nor FabFilter One or Twin 2). I know you can later change the Rozeta XOX by a Lyra instrument but it’s not a good workflow as you can’t listen to it while you are programming the patterns. Same issue with any other AU plugins.
In summary:
1) Would it be possible to extend the AU MiDI implementation so a MIDI instrument (such as Lyra, FF One, Twin 2, or eventually any AU MIDI instrument) could be triggered by another AU plugin in other track or in the same track?
2) Would it be possible to add support for MiDI AU effects? (AudioVeek tools, Xequence Pads/Keys, Rozeta, Audeonic MIDI effects, Photon, etc, etc)
Please let me know if my explanation is clear enough (I guess you can detect English is not my first language) or if you need more details on the subject.
Thanks.

FranksRiffs
Expert

Post by FranksRiffs » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:11 pm

As always, thanks so much fo your help, Rodolfo I’ve made a note of the procedure.

RIM, simply put...look at Cubasis and AU and MIDI effect implementation. The communication channels offer a fantastic workflow and flexibility.

Thanks, really looking forward to that next update.

FranksRiffs
Expert

Post by FranksRiffs » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:13 pm

PS FWIW AudioLayer doesn’t work at all as an AU in Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 pm

MIDI routing has all been fixed in the next update. It should be available in the next few days.

Rim