A message for Rim

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Whispering Smith

A message for Rim

Post by Whispering Smith » Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi Rim, ive replied to your message but the messages are stuck in my outbox for some reason. Could you please message me with an email address or something, or just reply to this thread thank you.... anyway the message i sent you is as follows...... Hi, thank you for your reply, i only just saw this message. I didnt know you were a one man outfit.. i must say even with all the bugs, auria is still my favourite daw ive ever used including both desktop and ipad production. I was so frustrated because the potential is amazing if it didnt have the bugs. I would like to test out the beta if you dont mind. I have also found some more bugs.. when creating automation on a bus track the playback is very un-clean, is the sense that the whole session glitches and stutters, clicks and pops etc. Also speakin of automation, what would be extremely useful would be the ability to have a variant line tool when drawing in automation. For example. In cubase on the desktop you can draw in a zizag line and change the degree of the angle when you drag it, for example i used to use this when drawing in panning automation, this would give me a side to side effect in the stereo field. You can draw it by hand however its nigh on impossible to get it even, especially as the draw automation in auria is so clunky. There are also other line shapes that cubase has but i will let you do the research on that. Also, i have an app called flytape, you may have heard of it. However when i wanted to write live automation from this app auria wouldnt write it... i can however draw it in manually but again with the clunky automation tool and fat fingers it can get very tedious.. also here is a post i just posted before i saw this email, it outlines another problem im having. Hi,ive been trying to record certain synths that dont show up in the instrument iaa list namely thor and bebot. Can you please tell me firstly, why they dont show up in the midi instrument iaa list as they both have iaa capabilities and both show up in the iaa insert list. Also is there a work around where i could record direct audio from either of these apps into auria pro? I have tried routing them with audio bus version 1 and it sets up an audiobus track when auria launches but im not getting any sound.... im really confused and would appriciate any input. All i want to do is record from both of these apps into auria... why is it so difficult? Thanks. Also, my bluetooth headset works fine in 44100 setting but will not work if i set the project to 48000 or above. If you would like me to notify you directly about any bugs or glitches or if i come up with any ideas that you could implement to enhance the user experience of auria then Please message me, many thanks for putting together this fantastic daw... it has changed the way i make music for the better...

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: A message for Rim

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:45 pm

As an FYI, some AU don't properly identify touched when you make realtime parameter changes. It sounds like FlyTape is such an app. Since AP allows automation overdubbing, it needs that touch information.

I recommend contacting the FlyTape developer and let them know.

Whispering Smith

Post by Whispering Smith » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 am

Ok, thank you

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 13, 2019 8:34 am

@Whispering Smith,

Thanks for your message. I definitely have automation improvements on my list for future updates. I need to prioritize the list, but it's on it for sure! Thanks for letting me know about issues with automating a bus track. I wasn't aware of that, and have added that to the list as well.

Rim