Can’t adjust gain since upgrade

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cookie81
Expert

Can’t adjust gain since upgrade

Post by Cookie81 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi all been using Auria pro for a while now and updated recently with the new update however since then I can’t set the gain! When I go to adjust recording level by holding down record button it has no effect at all. I have checked settings and it makes no difference whether it is on pre or post fader!

Please help it’s driving me crazy!!

Thanks in advance

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Can’t adjust gain since upgrade

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:06 pm

That was a bug in v2.24 but it was fixed in v2.25.

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=16327

Please make sure you are running he last Auria Pro version.

Rodolfo

Cookie81
Expert

Post by Cookie81 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:12 pm

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I defo have the latest version as I have just uninstalled and re installed auria as I thought I would give that a go. I wonder if it is anything to do with the fact I had Auria and then had to upgrade to Auria pro. On the reinstall I just di I reinstalled all purchases which has taken me back to Auria pro as before but I am still having the same issues. Never had the problem before. I’m wondering if it’s ¿because I upgraded my iOS but this was doing it on the last version so I’ve upgraded that tonight as well! Seems really odd if you say it was on a previous version but I never had the issue then ??

Cookie81
Expert

Post by Cookie81 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks again for the reply however it appears others are still having problems with this. I have just checked and it’s defo version 2.25 latest iOS on iPad Pro running Roland Rubix interface! As I say I haven’t had this issue before so must be some bug?
Hopefully rim will find a quick fix or at least a work around for the time being! I’m like most of the est of the world are in lock down so it’s a perfect excuse to do some recording without the wife nagging me 😜

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:10 pm

@Rim I believe you need to take a look at this, the full Auria Pro 2.25 is working fine for me, but maybe users with the upgraded version from Auria are still having this issue.

Rodolfo

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 am

I've just tested this with three different interfaces here and it works for me, so this must be something specific to certain interfaces. If anyone is having this issue, please let me know the exact interface you're using. Maybe we can try and get one of those in here to test.

Rim

Cookie81
Expert

Post by Cookie81 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:19 pm

I’ve replied to the other thread rim but it’s a Roland rubix, I’m afraid that the only one I have so can’t test it on anything else

cedarcreek

Post by cedarcreek » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:34 pm

I’m also having trouble with input gain. It works with iPad internal mic but not with external USB mic. Rim, you said you successfully tested three separate USB interfaces. Do you have a way to test on Auria Pro that’s been upgraded from Auria? Appreciate any help!
iPad Air 2, 128GB, iPadOS v14.4
Auria Pro v2.29.0 (Upgraded from Auria)
Apogee ONE for iPad & Mac firmware 1.5.0

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 am

Cookie81 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:19 pm
I’ve replied to the other thread rim but it’s a Roland rubix, I’m afraid that the only one I have so can’t test it on anything else
Are you sure that the cubix allows input level adjustment via the class-compliant driver? Not all devices do. Try adjusting the input level for the device via AUM and see if that works? Not all audio interfaces/mics respond to the commands that adjust input level.

On a related note: Corey and RIM: the input level shown in the channel strips seems off by an order of magnitude or more. When using the iRig HD2, I always see input levels that max out AP’s meters...but the level of the recorded signal doesn’t even reach -20db at the loudest. So, I have no way of making any meaningful adjustment as the metered always show the input level maxing out. It is a mono input interface fwiw.

Others have mentioned that, too.

I am running iOS 13.7.