Compatible motorised control surface

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jukeboxjoe
Expert

Re: Compatible motorised control surface

Post by jukeboxjoe » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 pm

@ark67, yup, works beautifully with the Yamaha UD-BT01, two way fader movements and all (as long as you have the Faderport power plugged in as well).

I'm waiting on the Yamaha MDBT01 to see if I have similar luck with MMC and midi sequencing with my keyboard.

I'm just bummed that the footswitch on the faderport isn't recognized in Auria, and I believe that's because Auria doesn't do any manual punching in, which I'm hoping they add.

ark67
Expert

Post by ark67 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:31 am

Cool. I'll have to give that a look at the next time I have all my stuff set up.

pjackman

Post by pjackman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:10 am

I spent a few frustrating hours with a FaderPort8 and Auria on an iPad Air 4 this weekend. With the help of posts in this thread I did manage to get all faders sending/receiving, pan working on all channels, as well as transport buttons controlling Auria. I could only get fader automation working on channel 1 though and that's not enough for the whole thing to be worthwhile.

It would be of tremendous help if folks who have had greater success could offer specifics about their setup. For example are they using Auria or Auria Pro? On the Midi Settings page what *exactly* do they have selected? The Remote Protocol dropdown? For the Core MIDI Inputs and Outputs, which entry for Faderport is used (mine displayed two choices) and with that which of the four or five possible items are selected (MTC, MMC, Remote, Notes)?

Then with FaderPort8, are any special switches or settings required other than booting into Mackie MCU (Cubase)? I'm assuming a USB connection through a hub in order to get an audio interface also working (I'm using a Babyface Pro FS).

Any pointers regarding this would be much appreciated. Thanks!