Seeking Delete/Reinstall Advice

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mesniu
Expert

Seeking Delete/Reinstall Advice

Post by mesniu » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Currently running v2.290 using an iPad Air3 256GB with iPadOS 14.3

It’s been very glitchy overall since iPadOS 14 rolled out. I’ve dealt with glitchy recordings (which COULD be an interface issue I’m still tracing down), freezes, crashes, having to delete/reprogram all plugins when opening projects that have been offloaded and then reopened, beat programming issues...

So I’m thinking about deleting and starting over with a fresh install.

Most important question: Can I take all the project files and move them to another folder in the iPad Files section, delete the app, then move them back over into the app after a fresh install, or do I need to offload them from the device?

Secondary, but still important question: Given the overall issues we’ve had with the iPadOS updates wreaking havoc on audio apps, is it advisable for me to attempt to do this right now or should I wait for the OS to stabilize?

Any advice/tips would be most appreciated.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Seeking Delete/Reinstall Advice

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:47 am

Yes you can save the project to your iPad to later load back into Auria. Select Save Project and choose Save Project to Another App. Auria will compress the project file and the pop up iPad system save appears and you will see Save to Files choose a folder to save to or just ON My iPad and the project will be saved as a Zip file and can be loaded back into Auria. Be patient as this process can take a few minutes to complete if the project is rather large. You can also save your projects directly to Dropbox and even a usb storage drive. To load it back in simply drag and drop the zip file to the Auria folder then tap the zip file in the Auria folder in the iPad files app and you will see the zip file unzip and create a new folder of the project. This also can take a few minutes to unzip the file before you see it on the project list within Auria. As for should you wait until iOS settles down before doing any of this well unfortunately this has been going on in iOS recording and music apps since the start and it will always likely continue due to how software and hardware change so often in computers these days and especially iOS. You will have to decide wether you want to upgrade and risk new found issues with either your software or hardware. One advice is to have 2 iPads with your apps on them and when you want to try something new use only one of the iPads to install the new software or update and then test on the iPad while still enjoying a working iPad. When your convinced that the update or new install has been working fine you can update the other iPad. Good luck.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:27 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:47 am
Yes you can save the project to your iPad to later load back into Auria. Select Save Project and choose Save Project to Another App. Auria will compress the project file and the pop up iPad system save appears and you will see Save to Files choose a folder to save to or just ON My iPad and the project will be saved as a Zip file and can be loaded back into Auria. Be patient as this process can take a few minutes to complete if the project is rather large. You can also save your projects directly to Dropbox and even a usb storage drive. To load it back in simply drag and drop the zip file to the Auria folder then tap the zip file in the Auria folder in the iPad files app and you will see the zip file unzip and create a new folder of the project. This also can take a few minutes to unzip the file before you see it on the project list within Auria. As for should you wait until iOS settles down before doing any of this well unfortunately this has been going on in iOS recording and music apps since the start and it will always likely continue due to how software and hardware change so often in computers these days and especially iOS. You will have to decide wether you want to upgrade and risk new found issues with either your software or hardware. One advice is to have 2 iPads with your apps on them and when you want to try something new use only one of the iPads to install the new software or update and then test on the iPad while still enjoying a working iPad. When your convinced that the update or new install has been working fine you can update the other iPad. Good luck.
It is much faster to copy/move your projects using the Files app than doing it one by one from inside AP. Just use the Files app to move the projects wherever you want. You can move them in one fell swoop by selecting all and copying them somewhere.

mesniu
Expert

Post by mesniu » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:40 pm

Cool cool cool. More than anything I wanted to make sure I could transfer the files out of the app internally and that deleting the app wouldn’t affect the files stored elsewhere. I have several iPads in several generations. My main production model (Air 3 10” 256GB) is less than six months old, but not the version that was just unveiled. I decommissioned my Air 2 when I got the new one. I could load Auria on it again I suppose.

Thanks for the tips. I think a fresh re-install might help.