Best Approach to Midi in AP

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Doomism

Best Approach to Midi in AP

Post by Doomism » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:38 am

I understand midi isn't AP's strong suit, but I am wondering if anyone here has found stable ways to record midi whilst playing instrument plugins?

I'm new to AP, but not new to the DAW environment. So far, in the short time I've had AP, it's struggled with midi and under very light load. We're talking, one midi track, zero audio tracks. It often crashes and sometimes creates what seems like an infinite region of midi after recording just a couple of bars.

I am actually impressed with the rest of the DAW, but to have an incredibly buggy experience when trying to record a simple midi piano and vocal audio track is frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone found a stable way to record midi in AP? Any tips?

I'm now doing the midi work in GarageBand, but I dislike not being able to control the master output stage when exporting the audio from GB, plus I should be able to do such simple midi tasks in AP, right? I'm not asking much.

Running the latest iOS here. Using the Bluetooth midi functionality of my Roland keyboard. Ravenscroft 275 is the instrument I'm using for my piano sounds.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Best Approach to Midi in AP

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Doomism wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:38 am
I understand midi isn't AP's strong suit, but I am wondering if anyone here has found stable ways to record midi whilst playing instrument plugins?

I'm new to AP, but not new to the DAW environment. So far, in the short time I've had AP, it's struggled with midi and under very light load. We're talking, one midi track, zero audio tracks. It often crashes and sometimes creates what seems like an infinite region of midi after recording just a couple of bars.

I am actually impressed with the rest of the DAW, but to have an incredibly buggy experience when trying to record a simple midi piano and vocal audio track is frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone found a stable way to record midi in AP? Any tips?

I'm now doing the midi work in GarageBand, but I dislike not being able to control the master output stage when exporting the audio from GB, plus I should be able to do such simple midi tasks in AP, right? I'm not asking much.

Running the latest iOS here. Using the Bluetooth midi functionality of my Roland keyboard. Ravenscroft 275 is the instrument I'm using for my piano sounds.
Which plugins were loaded when it crashed? I find it generally stable but avoid certain plugins with which it has problems...such as Digital D1. It is worth tracking what plugins don’t work you.

Musikman4Christ

Re: Best Approach to Midi in AP

Post by Musikman4Christ » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:52 pm

Yes, I’ve had the same midi issues. I found a possible bug in the settings section of Auria. I made some changes and it has brought back stability bigtime! For starters set everything back to default. Then this will at least get you going in thr right direction. Close Auria, unplug soundcard and reboot ipad. Then after reboot hook up soundcard then launch Auria.