Project won't load after backup problems

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Marvin

Project won't load after backup problems

Post by Marvin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi. I recently had some issues trying to back up to an expand flash drive where, during the process I ran out of space. I managed to recover some space but now I have a corrupt project that won't load. Please can anyone help.

Current status is when I view the project from Auria - "Menu/Select Project" (to load) I can see my song "Every Little" as a file (Icon is white with top RH corner folded over and vertical orange bars) but when I load it the project gets about 1/10 of the way in - stops then eventually crashes.

Looking in Finder on my mac I can see "Every Little.Project. 2.02 gig (tick) modified time is about right (tick - just before backup) but I can't open on the mac. When I view this folder in Auria (Import file screen) it is just called "Every Little" with a normal blue folder icon. Inside all the .WAV files are visible (phew) and playable (within the folder) but the folders "Backups" and "Snapshot"s both appear empty.

Is there someway to manipulate what I have to restore to how it was. I am unclear as to what has happened or what might be missing to prevent loading and cause the crashing.
Thank you so much
Marvin

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Project won't load after backup problems

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:37 pm

Marvin wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:51 pm
Hi. I recently had some issues trying to back up to an expand flash drive where, during the process I ran out of space. I managed to recover some space but now I have a corrupt project that won't load. Please can anyone help.

Current status is when I view the project from Auria - "Menu/Select Project" (to load) I can see my song "Every Little" as a file (Icon is white with top RH corner folded over and vertical orange bars) but when I load it the project gets about 1/10 of the way in - stops then eventually crashes.

Looking in Finder on my mac I can see "Every Little.Project. 2.02 gig (tick) modified time is about right (tick - just before backup) but I can't open on the mac. When I view this folder in Auria (Import file screen) it is just called "Every Little" with a normal blue folder icon. Inside all the .WAV files are visible (phew) and playable (within the folder) but the folders "Backups" and "Snapshot"s both appear empty.

Is there someway to manipulate what I have to restore to how it was. I am unclear as to what has happened or what might be missing to prevent loading and cause the crashing.
Thank you so much
Marvin
On the Mac. Control click on the project bundle and there will be a command in the popup yo open the bundle or package. That will open a window that lets you work with files in the bundle.

Marvin

Re: Project won't load after backup problems

Post by Marvin » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:44 am

Thanks Espiegel123
I have tried this and sadly the only option it gives is to Delete - no other options. I have since remembered I did a backup last week (phew) and that too is giving issues (not enough space on iPad erroneous message).

Update as I type - the full reset and restore had worked - Thanks.