bundled midi program change message

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

alexr

bundled midi program change message

Post by alexr » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 am

I have an external Nord Stage 3 and am trying to send midi control messages at the beginning of a track to select the correct patch number on the Nord. I am receiving MIDI ok both ways.

Bundled program change messages usually consist of 3 parts - MSB (CC 000) LSB (CC 032) and a Program Change message (0-127).

Is there any way to send these 3 messages simultaneously (bundled) to my external Nord via Auria Pro? Or does anyone know of some third party plugin that works for this?

In the channel strip there is Bank and Patch... Bank corresponds to the MSB and Patch to the Program Change message. However there is no LSB so it only works for the first 125 patches.

When I go to draw in control messages for each of them individually at the beginning of the track, they don't seem to work simultaneously. Sometimes it does perform patch change but it's not predictable and sometimes doesn't select the correct patch. I have been able to successfully send bundled program change messages from a utility program on PC.