Please complete MMC implementation

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DovGoldman

Please complete MMC implementation

Post by DovGoldman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:41 am

Please complete the MMC implementation in Auria Pro (ipad).

I have succeeded in using sysex command strings to control the position of the song pointer and start/stop.

I cannot control arming tracks or record.

While I purchased this app some time ago, I have recently started using it much more. I have an extensive “rig” all controlled by MIDI, but your app is an exception. I have to be looking at the Auria Pro screen to handle most tasks.

This is quite frustrating, as I prefer to be looking at the score I am to play and use my pedal controller to manage the repeated “takes” needed for most projects.

I do also expect to record my band live. The lack of automation is especially problematic in that use case. It’s way too easy to forget a step (which is why I programmed a MIDI pedal and use an integration app, Camelot Pro).

My inability to manage recording through automation will lead me to look at other products. I like Auria very much and have found the results to be quite good. I would like to stay with your product.

Besides remote control from integration apps and pedals, the lack of MMC prevents use of control surfaces such as Behringer X Touch and SSL UF8, which are increasingly popular ways of enhancing a DAW.

I welcome any feedback you may give.

DovGoldman

Re: Please complete MMC implementation

Post by DovGoldman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 pm

Reposted in “Wish List” forum. Sorry, see this was in the wrong place!