Auria with outboard gear?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Katladraken
Expert

Re: Auria with outboard gear?

Post by Katladraken » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Ive been trying the Audient iD44 and now I'm trying the Apogee quartet out. So at the moment I have 4 inputs ( set to line) and 3 stereo out. Output 1-2 goes to my monitors.

I've connected the stereo compressor to input 3-4 and output 3-4

So I have a mixed stereo track in Auria on track 1 that I wanna run through the compressor and to come back on track 2 in Auria and I wanna be able to monitor the sound as I tweak the settings. If I can just get my hands on this it would be great!

I guess there is no way I can insert the compressor to the master bus right? That would be my dream to always have it connected when I start to mix!

Maybe I need a computer & daw for that? Hopefully not, because I love working in Auria :)

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 pm

Katladraken wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:28 pm
Ive been trying the Audient iD44 and now I'm trying the Apogee quartet out. So at the moment I have 4 inputs ( set to line) and 3 stereo out. Output 1-2 goes to my monitors.

I've connected the stereo compressor to input 3-4 and output 3-4

So I have a mixed stereo track in Auria on track 1 that I wanna run through the compressor and to come back on track 2 in Auria and I wanna be able to monitor the sound as I tweak the settings. If I can just get my hands on this it would be great!

I guess there is no way I can insert the compressor to the master bus right? That would be my dream to always have it connected when I start to mix!

Maybe I need a computer & daw for that? Hopefully not, because I love working in Auria :)
Have you experimented with the input output matrix? Maybe try adding a separate track for the return? If I had a multichannel interface, I would try to help you out more. Maybe you could post over on the Audiobus forum which has more action than here to see if someone can help you out.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:50 am

Yes use your Output Matrix