The future of Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

kazah7

The future of Auria?

Post by kazah7 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Hi guys, I am a long user of Auria pro and I love it. However, it’s getting more and more difficult to use it on a daily basis because of the bugs, instability and crashes. The app simply feels abandoned. Today, my friend asked me about possible daws to buy for his new ipad. He is new into music creation. At first, I thought of Auria but then, on second thoughts, I’d discourage him pretty quickly if after many hours of work he’d encounter these obstacles. Our dear developer, please do something about it, or people will simply stop buying your app. Thanks.

Ecou

Re: The future of Auria?

Post by Ecou » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 pm

I agree that Auria needs a little love from its dev. It is such a great app. It just need some stabilizing.

Bring out some new IAP so we can throw money in you direction. If their was a simple buy me a coffee IAP I would buy that for sure.

Ecou

Post by Ecou » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:33 pm

I know the traffic is low on this forum but make some noise Auria user. We need the dev to hear how much we care about Auria.

Buy a IAP or show your appreciation here.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:38 pm

As far as I understand (although I could be wrong...), since the beginning of the pandemic Rim has been really busy building Covid test machines or something like that. That's probably the reason he has almost vanished and Auria is suffering serious stability issues on the even buggier IOS 14.x
I've been a beta tester for some time but I chose to keep my production iPad running on IOS 13.x and Auria Pro at v2.24. which proved to be somewhat stable, or at least much more stable than what you can read on the numerous reports from the Audiobus forum and iPad Musician group on Facebook.
I honestly don't know what could be done to help Rim fix Auria.
It's simply an awesome app, but if Rim can't make a reasonable income from it I don't see why he would spend his time working on it either.

jameslondon74
Expert

Post by jameslondon74 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 am

Any news on this? I was pleased to see this discussion because after TONS of different combinations of Cubasis, Ableton, Auria, loads of options with my trusty Elekron Digitone, I've settled on Auria Pro as my DAW of choice and would love to see it thrive. It is just perfect for what I need it to do.

I saw some updates have been coming through - but generally speaking, any ideas on the future of the app? It seems pretty 'cooked' so it would probably be just updates?

Ecou

Post by Ecou » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:27 am

I really believe that the crash problems are related to specific Auv3. I stick to the big app dev when using Auria. Toneboosters suite of app being my main auv3s effects. My crash have been very minimal since doing that. Also I don’t do midi in Auria. That is reserved for Cubasis.

My advice would be to make sure to test every Auv3 you use one at a time to make sure they don’t cause problems before adding more Auv3. Make frequent snapshot of your project as you progress. Freeze tracks as your processor get above 80%.

Also rebooting your iPad before making music fixes lots of strange problems.

Basically my workflow is :

- Cubasis for midi sequencing and recording audio (I sometimes record audio in Auria too)

- Export audio stems from Cubasis and import in Auria.

- Auria for audio editing and mixing of those stems (I want to try mastering in Auria soon when I know more about it. I am still learning about mixing)

- Export audio track from Auria and import in Grand Finale.

- Grand Finale for mastering (Easy to use get good result with my poor knowledge of mastering)

I hope this can help somebody. Don’t be afraid to as questions.

McM
Expert

Post by McM » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 am

Some things work great...some things not so much. IOS 14 certainly broke something.

I won't give up on Aria Pro - it's simply the best on the App store for a DAW. I just jump on the "struggle bus" and try to make a good song. I struggle to write a good song a lot more than any technical problems with Auria Pro.

Good luck @Rim to fixing the issues and keeping this very good app going!
Please let us know how we can help.
Jon

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm

Ecou wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:27 am
I really believe that the crash problems are related to specific Auv3. I stick to the big app dev when using Auria. Toneboosters suite of app being my main auv3s effects. My crash have been very minimal since doing that. Also I don’t do midi in Auria. That is reserved for Cubasis.

My advice would be to make sure to test every Auv3 you use one at a time to make sure they don’t cause problems before adding more Auv3. Make frequent snapshot of your project as you progress. Freeze tracks as your processor get above 80%.

Also rebooting your iPad before making music fixes lots of strange problems.

Basically my workflow is :

- Cubasis for midi sequencing and recording audio (I sometimes record audio in Auria too)

- Export audio stems from Cubasis and import in Auria.

- Auria for audio editing and mixing of those stems (I want to try mastering in Auria soon when I know more about it. I am still learning about mixing)

- Export audio track from Auria and import in Grand Finale.

- Grand Finale for mastering (Easy to use get good result with my poor knowledge of mastering)

I hope this can help somebody. Don’t be afraid to as questions.
While there are some AUv3 that are problematic, I occasionally experience crashes and projects needing repair that have no AUv3.

Keyb

Post by Keyb » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:08 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm
While there are some AUv3 that are problematic, I occasionally experience crashes and projects needing repair that have no AUv3.
Same here! Not counting the fact that al almost every time I open Auria it tells me that the last time it was not closed properly.

Alex

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Keyb wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:08 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:
Same here! Not counting the fact that al almost every time I open Auria it tells me that the last time it was not closed properly.

Alex
FWIW, I have an empty project (literally called “Empty” and I always switch to it before quitting Auria. I rarely get that message about it not being close properly. If switching to another project before quitting doesn’t solve the problem, there may be something about the project (perhaps some particular AU?) that is relevant.

jukeboxjoe
Expert

Post by jukeboxjoe » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 am

See if you're in airplane mode or otherwise disconnected from the internet. I noticed some projects won't open properly unless there is an internet connection, which leads me to believe that there was some update pending or some "check-in" for a plugin to work. I haven't had this problem in a while so I can't remember what plugin was causing this, but you reminded me of that old issue.

Keyb

Post by Keyb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:13 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:54 pm
Keyb wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:08 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:

Alex
FWIW, I have an empty project (literally called “Empty” and I always switch to it before quitting Auria. I rarely get that message about it not being close properly. If switching to another project before quitting doesn’t solve the problem, there may be something about the project (perhaps some particular AU?) that is relevant.
Thanks!!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:09 pm

With the Apple announcement of the new IPad Pro with the new M1 chip and the iMac as well Apple has given iOS developers a chance to have their apps across all apple products. That means that it is conceivable that we could soon be running our beloved Auria Pro with all our purchased plugins and music apps on an iMac or any of the many M1 computers and of course the iPad Pro. The question now is which developers will move forward in a serious way. I personally would love to be running Auria Pro and all it's plugins including my Fabfilter collection on a new iMac of which I'm buying on April 30th along with the new iPads Pro. I also believe we will see Logic Pro for the iPad Pro very soon. Things couldn't be brighter in the iOS world as very soon we iOS music creators won't be limited to just an iPad or iPad daws. Cheers everyone.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:29 am

Hey everyone, thanks for the patience. I've been working on a new update and will start up beta in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted!

Rim