USB C connection and charging

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Gary
Expert

USB C connection and charging

Post by Gary » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Hi everyone. Happy Holidays. I acquired an 5th gen iPad Pro to record in Auria Pro. Does anyone know how I can simultaneously charge my iPad Pro while recording with my Babyface Pro (which has USB 2). Previously with my old iPad Air I used Apples camera connection kit to accomplish this but it doesn’t appear there is one for type C iPads. Thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: USB C connection and charging

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:41 am

Charging via power adapter or USB-C to computer system. So I would imagine that using a powered usb hub should work.

https://www.amazon.ca/Adapter-Reader-Ch ... 8417&psc=1

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:59 am

Did you solve this issue?

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Yes I bought a type c usb hub. It worked for a while but quit on me last night. Have to try a different brand I guess.

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:25 am

I realize the OP is a little old, but I wanted to add a recommendation (albeit an expensive one).

The Apple Magic Keyboard allows you plug a USB-C charger directly into the keyboard/stand. When you place the iPad Pro on the stand it will then charge the iPad, leaving the iPad USB-C port free for external devices.

This was important to me, because I have an Attola USB hub, with four inputs and on off switches for each. I run my Audio Interface, Arturia keyboard, and a Passport SSD into this hub. I could not find a hub with these same features, which also provides pass through charging.

I’d heard many positive reports on the Magic Keyboard. I didn’t want to spend $350 + on one, but decided that I had to have a stand anyway, and this a great one, independent of it’s charging ability. If you can get over the price, I think it’s a great solution.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

tourtelot

Post by tourtelot » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:17 pm

You don't need such a big adapter. A simple USB C to pwer and USB A "dongle worke great.

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Headph ... 123&sr=8-3

D.
Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA
Dante Level 2 Certified

tourtelot

Post by tourtelot » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:18 pm

tourtelot wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:17 pm
You don't need such a big adapter. A simple USB C to power and USB A "dongle" worke great.

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Headph ... 123&sr=8-3

D.
Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA
Dante Level 2 Certified