Complete novice advice of an Auria Pro controller please...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Complete novice advice of an Auria Pro controller please...

Post by Trash » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:17 am

Hello all -

I know this has been discussed many times before and I have looked at the various messages on the board from over the years but as a bit of a newbie when it comes to using DAWs with hardware I'd like some guidance please.

I've used Auria for a while now but I'm really missing that feedback and experience you get from using physical sliders and transport controls so I was thinking of moving back to an actual Portastudio as you can get some 24 try ones that are not too expensive.

However before making that leap I thought I would investigate using a DAW controller with a Auria Pro.

The ones I have on my radar based on trawling this site are:
  • Presonus FaderPort 8
    Nektar Panorama P1
    Korg nanoKONTROL 2
In terms of price the Panorama P1 would be the one I would select but I can't find any mention of this actually being used with Auria.

So my questions are:
  • Do all of the above work with the latest version of Auria Pro?
    Any caveats (i.e. things to be watch out for)?
Also
  • I'm using an iRig Duo as the input to my iPad Pro (and older version with a lightning connector). I understand that to use any kind of hardware controller I need to get a powered USB hub and then just connect iPad, iRig and Controller to the hub is that correct?
    Is it plug and play or is there any kind of configuration involved?
Many thanks in advance for any answers/hints/tips you can provide.

BigJohn826

Re: Complete novice advice of an Auria Pro controller please...

Post by BigJohn826 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:54 pm

I’m a button and knobs guy myself (pause). I use the Behringer X Touch compact version as a controller with Auria. It works pretty good. As long as you are in Mackie Mode, most controllers should work fine. Transport, pan, solo/mute, faders, bank all work. Can’t control fx parameters though.

Trash
Expert

Re: Complete novice advice of an Auria Pro controller please...

Post by Trash » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:41 am

BigJohn826 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:54 pm
As long as you are in Mackie Mode, most controllers should work fine. Transport, pan, solo/mute, faders, bank all work. Can’t control fx parameters though.
Thank you for the tip @BigJohn826, Just a quick follow up question (which no doubt really shows how little I know) what is Mackie Mode? Is it something on Auria or something I should be looking for in the Controller itself?

I'll take a look at the Controller you recommend...

Oh and any comments on my second question please:
I'm using an iRig Duo as the input to my iPad Pro (and older version with a lightning connector). I understand that to use any kind of hardware controller I need to get a powered USB hub and then just connect iPad, iRig and Controller to the hub is that correct?
Is it plug and play or is there any kind of configuration involved?
Thanks again...