The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drock
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by drock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:10 am

I've posted here before but I figured I'd do it again just because you guys are great to take in our feedback.

So I'm writing and producing an entire album in auria (kind of progressive rock, think Porcupine Tree) so I really need to be able to change time signatures multiple times in one project. Also, adding 7/4 and 5/4 would help (7/8 doesn't feel right all the time). Also regarding the metronome, it would be great if it had a accent on 1 (or if we could choose the accent) and maybe even a woodblock sound would be nice too. That would definitely help my progress here, thanks so much!

Phixit

Post by Phixit » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Eh,

Midi to control the whole machine, midi learn
audiobus to connect other audio apps two ways "in/out" :lol:
A nice girl :oops: COME OUT OF MY DAW :lol:
more output channels "monitoring" headphone.
Pfl each track
Mem reset if it's possible.
Preset options for the whole system in more memory slots.
Lfo for fx's

Later maybe a midi sequencer but is not so importent for me.

I like the program so far.

Peter.

Phixit

Post by Phixit » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:44 pm

He,

I forgot one,

Precount in, for recording.
Pff

Peter

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 am

1:muting a single region

2.select all regions on the current selected track with one click (in the edit menu)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:08 pm

I know this idea was sort of shot down before, but being able to use the edit window in portrait mode would really help the workflow in some situations. Like holding the iPad doing lots of fast editing with your thumbs etc. At least have a look at it in the future?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 am

I'd like a "Settings" page item of "Centre zoom on cursor" (on/off) that would toggle the following behaviour on the Edit Window:

If (and only if) the cursor is visible when a zoom is initiated (either by pinch gesture or via the 'Zoom' control), the cursor will remain visible after zoom, rather than be allowed to move off-screen.

Ideally, the cursor should maintain its horizontal position relative to the edit pane's edge but I'd settle for the cursor becoming centred in the pane, if that makes coding easier.

If not toggled on, zoom behaviour should be unmodified.

birdinlay

Post by birdinlay » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Minor thing, but I would love to be able to import .REX files

jasbart

Post by jasbart » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 am

This has been posted before, but I'd like to back it up: the ability to email files (specifically mp3s) from inside Auria. Similar to what TwistedWave does.
iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, 16 gb
Pro Tools 8.0.5
OS X 10.7.5

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 am

[Copied from another thread to the appropriate one]:

Region Info Panel - Region move info

During movement of a region it would be helpful if there was clear feedback of the region's position, relative to its origin.

Perhaps the 'LENGTH:' and 'OFFSET:' items in the Region Info panel could be replaced by relative position info, whenever the region is in 'Move' mode. It could be named "SHIFT:" and, like the other items, display using the currently selected time format. Crucially though, if the current time format is anything other than 'Min/Sec', the Min/Sec value should appear below it (in addition to it).

robdean
Expert

Post by robdean » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Control points plot lines appear to always display in blue. Maybe the colour could change to reflect the parameter, which would be helpful because parallel tracks can simultaneously show control points for different parameters. I have in mind something like:
Blue - Volume
Red - Pan
Green - Aux related
Grey - Mute/Sat/Phase
Plus I guess some other colour for all other parameters.

It would be less error prone than relying on constant checking of each track label.

PS
I was also reminded again today, as I worked, of my longing to be able to easily clear all automation on track-by-track basis!
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 pm

I have asked this before I think but please could you allow me to load a video from my camera roll to add music to in Auria. Like when Im on the go and shoot some video, I would like to add my music tracks in Auria to the video while on my holidays or out in the park. Very mobile instead of having to come home and load it into iTunes. Cheers.

Thorr

Post by Thorr » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 am

A Built in notepad! Nothin fancy just somethin to copy&paste lyrics refer to while recording, eliminating app switching to a notebooks app mid record. Not high on the priority list but definately i think i speak for all the song writers now using auria that would be a feature we would really appreciate.

John Harley

Post by John Harley » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 am

I'm a full time voice over artist, but one who travels lots - I'm taking at least two return flights per week - so I was delighted when Auria was created. I use an Apogee Mic as my microphone, and the two are a match made in heaven and I have a truly portable set-up. So, when I'm in some hotel room in a strange country, I no longer have to turn down the (inevitable) VO jobs that land in my Inbox as soon as I set foot on the plane. I simply make use of the assorted soft furnishings in the hotel room (I knew there was a use for scatter cushions) to get the environment nice and dry, plug in the Apogee and off I go.

There is one feature that I would love to see in Auria though - strip silence.
Voice over recordings are often long mono files and, although the editing is fantastic in Auria, I find myself spending a huge amount of time simply splitting regions to get rid of breath sounds or pauses while I cough/smoke/drink etc.
What would be really cool would be something like the strip silence tool in Logic Pro. It has a tolerance setting and a couple of settings controlling how close to the start and end of the waveform it splits the region. Basically it gets rid of everything above a certain threshold and splits the region appropriately.
It would cut the editing time in half, thus leaving me more time to enjoy the mini-bar :lol:
Any chance Rim?

PS - it's also fantastic for drums or drum loops

jasbart

Post by jasbart » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:55 am

John:

I'm also a longtime voice artist. Up until a few months ago I carried a tremendously bulky backpack with a MacBook Pro, mbox2 mini, heavy condenser mic, bunches of various cables, etc. Then two days before a trip to Paris I discovered the Apogee MiC/TwistedWave combo, and it worked quite well. My only gripe was the limited EQ in TwistedWave, plus the fact that it only allowed for one-track sessions.

Returned to the States and discovered Auria, an unbelievable recording app for iPad (but we all know that). Great EQ/compression, etc, plus amazing track count for production.

My point is this: how do you email your voice tracks when you're on the road? (TwistedWave has a dandy option to do just that.) I suppose I can mix down to mp3 and upload from Auria to Dropbox, then email a link to my client, but that's not what my clients are used to.

Sorry for this rambling question. Looking forward to your response.

Jim
iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, 16 gb
Pro Tools 8.0.5
OS X 10.7.5

John Harley

Post by John Harley » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:02 am

Hey Jim, good to hear from a fellow VO.
I make use of the Dropbox facility direct from the Mixdown dialog and email links to either wav or mp3 files - works a treat.
Understandable that your regular clients may not be used to receiving a link, but at least the files don't clog up their Inboxes right? :)