The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by thebioguy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:27 am

I'm making this a separate wish, since martygras already posted about my first idea.

I would love to have an option to change the default project name to show the CURRENT DATE and TIME (maybe in code, something like 24NOV13). I organize my song ideas by calendar days. It is way more descriptive than "New Project 3" and I usually don't have a working name until near the end of the project.

Also, it would be convenient to create a new project with some default tracks (guitar, vox, bass, keyboards). Is there a way to customize the creation of a new project to be a set number of already labeled tracks?

THANKS!!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:31 am

You can already see the date/time a project was created when looking at the Load Project dialog, and you can sort them by date by clicking on the date tab.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:40 am

Rim wrote:You can already see the date/time a project was created when looking at the Load Project dialog, and you can sort them by date by clicking on the date tab.

Rim
WHAT?! :shock:

I never noticed. That's perfect! Thanks.

(seriously, i never noticed :oops: )

yookh4u

Post by yookh4u » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:13 am

Tempo track would be nice.
Not every tune just sits in one BPM so... ;)

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 am

Yes, I agree totally, tempo change markers would be wonderful.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi.
I'm a composer and the only problem I have in my songs is with the drums... I'm not a drummer, so I always have to use midi or drum machines. My favorite choise has always been FL Studio. Now with FL Studio Mobile I had a very easy to use software but the results are not the best... until I knew about Kontakt 5. That's a great tool, with incrédible real sound, but not for iPad... so in my last songs I was forced to use my computer for that...
So... after that long intro, I would be more than happy (and I think that a lot of people would be too) if there were a plugin version of kontakt 5 for Auria...
For the ones who don't know about it here's more information about it:
http://www.native-instruments.com/es/pr ... kontakt-5/

Thanks!

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm

sebastianbarria wrote:I would be more than happy (and I think that a lot of people would be too) if there were a plugin version of kontakt 5 for Auria...
I imagine WaveMachine Labs would stoked to have that available in Auria as well! Best thing you could do to make that happen is to reach out to Native Instruments and ask them to do it.

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 am

Rim wrote:You can already see the date/time a project was created when looking at the Load Project dialog, and you can sort them by date by clicking on the date tab.

Rim
Hi Rim,

I think I understand the issue better now and would like to restate my wish to have file names default with a datestamp.

The problem is, when you back up projects onto your computer or Dropbox, the datestamp info is lost (at least, I can't find it anymore). The files creation stamp is changed to reflect the day it was backed up, not the day is was created. So, unless I back up to my computer or Dropbox as soon as each recording is made, I don't have that info.

So, my wish is for default names to include more info besides just "song#". My phone memo recorder and iPad's HT Recorder operate in this way (including GPS location stamping)

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:55 am

Makes sense. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks,
Rim

Marcel
Expert

Post by Marcel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 am

My wish:
copy/paste automation data.

Airyck
Expert

Post by Airyck » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Marcel wrote:My wish:
copy/paste automation data.
+1 8)

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm

I have returned to ask for more minor things.

A tuner.

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:56 pm

sebastianbarria wrote:Hi.
I'm a composer and the only problem I have in my songs is with the drums... I'm not a drummer, so I always have to use midi or drum machines. My favorite choise has always been FL Studio. Now with FL Studio Mobile I had a very easy to use software but the results are not the best... until I knew about Kontakt 5. That's a great tool, with incrédible real sound, but not for iPad... so in my last songs I was forced to use my computer for that...
So... after that long intro, I would be more than happy (and I think that a lot of people would be too) if there were a plugin version of kontakt 5 for Auria...
For the ones who don't know about it here's more information about it:
http://www.native-instruments.com/es/pr ... kontakt-5/

Thanks!
As for kontakt or any of NI stuff coming into Auria, the main problem with that is the hardware limits of the iPad. I would love to have the majik of the whole Komplete package, but there is no way the iPad can handle it. It's massive, not just the program, but the samples which it uses. That being said, what I find to be a good work around for this, if you have to do mixing on the ipad, is take the midi file that's been then run through the soundmaker, bounced into audio and then brought back to the ipad.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Just bumping this wish again

With all the great IAA & IAPS the need to save the channel strip plug-in selection is even greater and it would be very cool 8)
But I take it it's not easy to save this way with all the plug-in presets to save at the same time as well if you know what I mean :wink:

Also plus 1 on the one button edit/ mixer tab

Also the ability to enable record in the channel strip if poss

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:34 pm

And import from iTunes library would be great too as it would allow me to use that library when I need to grab a song quickly to be used as a reference.