The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bash

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by bash » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Option to change metronome tone to a more inspiring sound (kick, hat, cowbell, etc.) would be nice. Thanks!

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Of course like most having midi recording and virtual instruments would be my top wish for Auria as well as being able to use my other IOS synths and apps in the midi chain. Im considering getting Cubasis too just for the midi but wouldnt even be thinking about it if Auria had midi sequencing.
What Id love to see besides that is to be able to double tap and highlight a section and have Auria automatically use it as my in and out points for punching in and and out and also to be able to set a preroll and postroll amount. Pretty much how its done in ProTools and Digital Performer. If it had that Id probably hardly ever use my desktop DAWs for tracking.

Another feature that would be cool, if I could hold down the stop button on the transport for 5 secs and a bigger floating transport window popped open. the one there works but its a little small and a nice big one to open and close would be cool. just an idea.

Another thing, to have a sidebar to show audio files in the project would be helpful also.
Last edited by Strizbiz on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:58 pm

- Ability to hide the sub group channels in the mixer.

- Making re-ordering tracks possible in mixer view (hold the name and drag?).

- Custom icon toolbar, let us reorder or remove items based on how often we use them. There's plenty of room in the Settings pane now ;)

- More color options for regions, along with region naming (preferably based on the track name, not the audio file name).

- Multi-selection for automation points.

- A dead simple consolidate and save to new project option. Something to allow us to completely remove all unused audio and saved snapshots in one go. This takes forever currently, and if you back to Dropbox often like I do, it's something you use a lot.

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm back with another feature request. A mono button on individual tracks. Alot of times I've got to bounce things to a separate mixdown and reimport it. I requested this a while back, but I do see there is a mono button on the master mix bus, so if we could have one for individual tracks that'd be dope as all get out.

As for another dumb feature to add would be to simply add a notice as to how much the expected mixdown (to stems, individual tracks, andor whole track) will come out to i.e. 50 megs, 2.5 gbs, etc.

Thank you guys for everything btw, it's the best recording app on ios (with midi coming in 2014 or not...but please).

It's basically the only reason I use beatmaker besides the well beatmaking loveliness.

rohrkemper

Post by rohrkemper » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 am

An easy way to set many markers on a single track and then to export each segment as a separate audio file.

Alternatively, using the condense regions feature and then exporting each region as a separate audio file directly on iOS. I understand I can achieve something similar by using condense regions and then opening the project folder on my mac. However, then I would prefer that condense regions is not permanent. and I would like to have the option to get MP3s directly and not have to convert them on my computer later.

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 pm

I wish that the search engine on this forum would allow shorter phrases in their search.

I searched for "Rim" and "Dropbox" to see if there was any guidance on how to upload to Rim, but it was disallowed for being to short.

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:10 am

Hey guys,

I have had this App 1 week today. Loving it! :-)
Have been creating music for 20 years-ish. I create several genres of music.

Possibly some other users have wished for some of my list in previous posts, but I have a few requests that I would like to see implemented in Auria. Enjoy!

MIXER:

(1), Adding colours on the mixer tracks, even if its only where you write the track name at the bottom.
Also having the track name at the top of the strip as well, plugins and effects over the screen can hide it, (sometimes need to see a channel name at a glance).

(2), The ability to resize the effects plug-ins to fullscreen, e.g: Pro-Q and Turnado's edit page little bit small, specially on the iPad mini. (This May be a third party wish?).

(3), Copy mixer channel settings which includes any plug-ins/inserts and tweaks.

(4), The ability to delete and re-add subgroup tracks.

(5), Digital readout across the top of the popout Master Meter, this way we can get a more precise reading of the exact level in real time.

(6), Ability to re-order/arrange insert effect in channel strips.

EDITOR:

(1), To have a loop on/off button on both main pages for quick access. (Instead of in the drop down).

(2), To be able to select a region and loop that region with a region 'quick loop button'. Also to have multiple loops, (even 2!).

ADMIN:

(1), Preferences/settings for a new project the ability to always start with Bars:Beats as opposed to Min:Sec. Set a default song layout without having to create a default song.
Example: If you wanted a new Project to open with Bars:Beats, 140 bpm, metronome ready, etc...

(2), To be able to create folders and save your projects in subfolders, where you have different genres possibly, and you have a number of projects in one genre etc.
(Having everything on the first screen, I can see it becoming a very long list).

(3), Save as without saving the audio files, only the arrangements, mixer and plug-ins data etc.

GENERAL:

Having the mixer and the editor hyperlink button, (top left hand corner) to just be one link. Obviously representing the button of the other screen. Many times I'm pressing the screen I'm currently on, (pressing 3-4 times) before actually looking. When your flowing in the creative moment these things happen!
Maybe the reason there are two is because you are thinking of the midi, (for the future) but that may also be on the edit page/screen. Unless your going to have other main screens?

If any of my wishes are already in place, please let me know!
If I am echo-ing anybody's request/wishes, that can only be a good thing! :-)

Ps: If you don't ask, you don't get! So I/we are asking..
Cheers for a great App/Daw! :-) ....... (From Atari to Auria).
Last edited by King on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:37 am

Great suggestions, thanks. A couple of the items are already in Auria:

- You can create subfolders for both projects and audio. Just tap the New Folder button, then drag the project icon into the new folder.

- To do a "Save As" without saving the audio files, use the Snapshots feature. This only saves the project file, so it's quick and you can have as many snapshots per project as you like.

Rim

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:35 am

Cheers mate!

It's not very easy to drag the file into a folder. I literally press the icon 30-40 times before I get it to become active for moving, (whilst trying not to load the project). A Little hit n miss!
Is this the easiest way?

One more questions about this:
1, Can folders be re-named?
Last edited by King on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:01 am

The trick is to tap and hold (for at least 1 second) before moving.

There's no way to rename a folder once you've named it from within Auria. You can do it using aFunBox though.

Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:12 am

I love the one button switcher idea!

King
Expert

The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by King » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:30 pm

@Rim, done that, held it for 5-6-7 seconds. Only works sometimes, could this be classed as a bug. Is everyone else able to carry out this task easily? I'll keep at it, maybe there's a knack I haven't quite grasped as yet..

@Tarekith, yes having two buttons is little pointless, (hopefully I'm not sounding disrespectful) but I don't see a need for 2!......... Rim? :)
Last edited by King on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm getting better at the drag n drop to folder thing now. :-)

On the same page, it would be good to have a load button. As many times a project is loaded that you didn't want to. A setup similar to the Audio file load... The ok button.

Also double tap on a region to auto-zoom that region to full screen. It's just so natural for touch screen, double tap does nothing, so there is available functionality there.
Last edited by King on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Lots of people ask about having a single button instead of two. It's something on my list for sure.

Having a load button on the project page would probably be counter-intuitive, since you can only select one thing on that page. The only reason it's there on the audio page is because you can select more than one audio file. But you can only load one project...

It's not possible to use the double tap gesture for anything on the edit screen, since that's already used for highlighting. To highlight, you double-tap and drag. Others have suggested that double-tapping on the track bar to the left might be a good idea, and I'm looking into that.

Rim

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Good stuff! A single button, thumbs up for that possibility. (A thumb-up in the smilies would be good).

Re: Project Button, I understand the situation with the project load button, only reason I asked is because a project is sometimes loaded accidentaly. eg: when I am trying to drag n drop one to a folder.

Re: Double tap region, forgot about the region highlight feature! That is 'double tap n hold', would 'double tap' interfere with it?
The track bar tap sounds like a very good alternative! Though I think something else could be assigned there, maybe. Just my thoughts...

Speed and smooth flow. :-)

Any thoughts on the track color? Also on the track name at the top aswel as the bottom?