The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MikeSparrow
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by MikeSparrow » Sat May 09, 2020 1:23 am

Are there any plans for Auria Pro 2?

I’ve been enjoying your DAW for few years now and I have invest a lot of money in plugins etc, but lately I feel like it’s really getting old and unfortunately....outdated especially compared to Cubasis 3. I wish both DAW would somehow merge and I would be the happiest guy ever.

I have noticed that many of the problems are due to the design and coding of Auria, why not completely redesign it and truly make it the best it can be from a scratch?

Any comment would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 am

curious of what it is that you think makes Auria old and outdated . Cheers
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Sat May 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 am
curious of what it is that you think makes Auria old and outdated especially compared to Cubasis 3 ? It's true that Auria has had time stretching much longer than Cubasis as well as a tone of other features that are only now being offered by other iOS daws including Cubasis. Cheers
Don’t get me wrong, I love auria and and I think it’s the best DAW available on the market, however I truly believe it could be much more.

Maybe it’s just my luck but I find it very glitchy when editing audio, things are never going the way I wish they were, there are also few other improvements that would make this DAW stand out but I think it might be not possible due to the structure of the software...the app been around since 2012?

I’m only suggesting that maybe the foundation of the app is not allowing developers to modify and improve certain things? Like subgroups for starters (I really don’t mind them btw)

I have no knowledge when it comes to coding, but I do love Auria and as mention it was only a suggestion. I just wonder if there were any plans for Auria Pro 2? I would surely buy it straight away with or without upgrade price.

What do you think?

Again this is wish lists right? Let me daydream 🤣

Cheers!

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Sat May 23, 2020 5:59 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 am
curious of what it is that you think makes Auria old and outdated especially compared to Cubasis 3 ? It's true that Auria has had time stretching much longer than Cubasis as well as a tone of other features that are only now being offered by other iOS daws including Cubasis. Cheers

What makes Auria old and outdated? For starters old and outdated might be the wrong choice of words so the updates I would like to see are these....

1. A smoother more up to date UI
2. Most importantly at least 4 more effect slots per track
3. The abliltiy to group, group tracks to make a sub mix track
4. The midi in Auria is still absolutely horrible and unusable that is the reason it is not my only daw it’s just frustrating to make a track but the best place to mix a track
5. A drag to select tool instead of touching every single track when you want to select multiple tracks
6. Lyra update to be full screen

Those are my changes I’ve been around since Auria was just Auria with red and blue knobs lol..... Truth is Logic Pro and other daws are coming in order for Auria Pro to stay at the top of the chain they have to be first to offer what these other daws will offer first.... Nobody has the sound output Auria has right now tighten it up it will remain the best period

Optahealth

Recieve mid clock

Post by Optahealth » Tue May 26, 2020 8:35 am

The ability to receive midi clock would be just amazing.
I would love to be able to press the Start button on my keyboard (Yamaha PSR e453) and have Auria start/stop in sync

Seems many apps like to send midi clock, but few receive. Makes it tough to synchronize much on IOS.

I have a special warm spot in my heart for apps that can receive midi clock.

Ableton link would be groovy too.

FYI, I almost never use time stretching.

BrendonP

Post by BrendonP » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:38 pm

More plugin slots would be great.

The ability to change the order of the plugins is desperately needed.

And a way of turning off a plugin to free up CPU but still have its settings and location in place to turn back on.

geir

Post by geir » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:57 am

Some wishes for the midi editor:

- Selection of notes the lasso touches, not only those who are fully inside it.
- Touch down should happen in the box you're touching. Now it goes to the closest line? So notes/selection often happen in the box next to where the touch happen.
- Activate duplicate button for notes too. Another way to duplicate notes: if there are selected notes and you long press an empty space it copy the selected notes there + select them and unselect other/original notes. If you're still holding after notes are copied you can move copied notes around.
- Transpose +/- 12 buttons for selected notes in the toolbar.
- Single finger drag vertical scrolling on the piano

softpunch

Post by softpunch » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:42 pm

I also love Auria but struggle with the MIDI piano roll implementation. I don't have specific suggestions for it, it's just a feel thing. I'm far more likely to use Xequence or Atom.

Other requests:
-Duplicate track. Seems like a pretty fundamental feature for a DAW.
-MIDI mapping. I know Mackie Control exists, and I know it would be a massive undertaking to make it all custom MIDI mappable, but even if I could just map a few key features like mutes, solos, and transport, it would be a *dramatic* improvement. (The one time I did try to use MCU with Auria, I had bizarre panning issues too.)
-Automation editing. It would be great if I could lock the screen while editing automation (like in piano roll mode), and it would be great if there was a "draw" option. It's a painfully tedious and error prone process right now.
-AU multi channel output! AUM has it. It's a gamechanger for drum machines. It's a really big deal!
-MIDI AUs. I know it's currently possible to use them, but it requires multiple tracks and hack-y workarounds. Would be great if I could just slot them before an instrument.

-Ryan

The Lord Med

Post by The Lord Med » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:09 am

Files app support would be great. A friend emailed me some files (audio and midi) and I had to export them into Dropbox before being able to get them into Auria Pro. “Open In” didn’t work.

Better midi, more fx slots, reorder fx slots - yes please.

Instrument “slot” on main mixer window might be handy, fx slots there too would be nice and have the channel strip available as a plug in would be nice too - then again I’m just describing Logic and that’s what I was used to on Macs so...

DovGoldman

Will you complete the MMC implementation?

Post by DovGoldman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Please complete the MMC implementation in Auria Pro.

I have succeeded in using sysex command strings to control the position of the song pointer and start/stop.

I cannot control arming tracks or record.

While I purchased this app some time ago, I have recently started using it much more. I have an extensive “rig” all controlled by MIDI, but your app is an exception. I have to be looking at the Auria Pro screen to handle most tasks.

This is quite frustrating, as I prefer to be looking at the score I am to play and to use my pedal controller to manage the repeated “takes” needed for most projects.

I do also expect to record my band live. The lack of automation is especially problematic in that use case. It’s way too easy to forget a step (which is why I programmed a MIDI pedal and use an integration app, Camelot Pro).

Besides remote control from integration apps and pedals, the lack of MMC prevents use of control surfaces such as Behringer X Touch and SSL UF8, which seem to be great tools for enhancing workflow.

I welcome any feedback you may give.
Last edited by DovGoldman on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigner

Second Screen Experience

Post by Vigner » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi!!

Thanks for this amazing app.

One thing I would really would like to see is second screen experience.
Imagine having the mixer displaying on the iPad and the arranger window displayed on a second screen like a TV or showing the contents on the opposite order!!

Imagine the workflow, much more smooth!!

Wouldn’t that be great?

There are apps that are able to do that, so please allow Auria Pro to do that.
Auria Pro could be added, then, to this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/5rT4nPQwHg8

:wink:

joe12stories
Expert

Post by joe12stories » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:08 am

Wish: Manual punch-in!

And while we're at it, the ability for footswitch to do the same. The Faderports (both versions 1 and 2) work like a charm through Bluetooth and they have footswitch punch in for compatible DAWs. I would love for AP to (finally) have this ability!

(BTW if you haven't used a Faderport or other remote control device for Auria, try it. It's a game changer that can spare you from hours of comping and editing later!)

willie

Post by willie » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:38 pm

I own a Soundcraft UI24R and would like to take some recordings with it. In principle this works very well, but unfortunately only up to channel 14. Because I haven't found a way to map channels 15-32 via the input matrix.
The UI24R occupies the first 10 channels with the master and the AUX outputs. The actual inputs only come from channel >10. So the first 10 channels in the DAW are superfluous for me.
I would like map channels >24 to tracks. To clearify I don’t need more than 24 channels, but I like to use channels >24 as Input for a track.
The second wish is the possibility to mix Audiobus and Hardware Input Channels in the input matrix. like the first 16 channels comes from an Interface, the other 8 are connected to Audiobus channels.

anuragmk

Post by anuragmk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:42 am

Wish: “Tempo Track fixed”

Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Hello Rim,
Wishes:

Blue tooth app audio out (or am I missing something?)

Duplicate track

The crash pop up portal messages reach you. I know the ticket system is still in place but it seems the in-app messages go nowhere?