The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

interazzul

FX button feature request

Post by interazzul » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 am

It would be lovely if you tap hold the FX button and it would show you the list of plugins and the option of bypass, choose or take off plugin or show plugin window.

It it kind of a pain when I want to see the plugin window have to see the channel strip window, choose the plugin then close the channel strip window, I hope you get the idea.

Thanks

Urbanimages

HOW ABOUT A PRO DRUM CONTROLLER AS A IAP?

Post by Urbanimages » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 pm

I was having a discussion on Facebook about Auria Pro and some other users couldn’t put there finger on why they could use Auria Pro as there GO TO iOS DAW then it hit me. It’s damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get the MIDI notes on to the piano roll using the tools that Auria Pro provides. So why abandon all that’s GOOD about this app versus trying to FIX what’s wrong without a complete rebuild. Then it hit me AGAIN! KB-1 is a external MIDI KEYBOARD APP why not develop a DRUM MACHINE external app for Auria Pro and add it as a IAP. Then allow this external app to control the AU3’s along with a custom expansion drum library BUILT FOR the new controller. Make it FULLSCREEN 16 pads will roll and macros that could be mapped to the MIDI effects in Auria Pro? Maybe Fab Filter could put it together, maybe it has a really low CPU analog drum synth engine built in using Fab Filter technology? If you LOOK at the other iOS DAWS they pale in comparison to the backend of Auria Pro but there THEY KILL is on THE DRUM MACHINE that controls the DAW.

So what do you think RIM is this “Doable” on your development roadmap?
Attachments
2885148B-8351-4DBD-9871-99A64F2FDD03.png

FranksRiffs
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by FranksRiffs » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:33 am

I posted under “Why the Auria Bashing” topic and just spent some time going back to 2012 and reading this thread. I want to make sure it is understood that tremendous achievements have been made by Wave Machines on the Auria line and it has grown substantially. It started as an audio-only app and now is a full featured DAW with some tools that are unmatched in th field of iOS audio and midi editing. There is no contempt in my criticisms, quite the opposite, something this close to ideal generates passion...

Here’s to just solidifying the features Auria has and putting more and more features on the back burner until after everything currently incorporated is solid, reliable and properly implemented.

Auria is an amazing achievement.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 am

Two feature requests:

NUMBER 1: Ability to hide/show tracks/channels
My number 1 feature request by far is to have the option in both track and mixer views to hide selected tracks/mixer channels. I understand why Auria Pro doesn't allow the possibility of deleting the default bus set. It would make the app SOOO much more friendly if you could selectively hide channels. I often find that I want to hide some of my own channels, too when I am focused on editing just a couple of tracks.

NUMBER 2: Ability to audition the selected audio region/event (or selected regions) where you can tap on an audio event and audition/play it. Maybe this exists and I have missed it?

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Mon May 27, 2019 1:54 am

willie wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:33 am
.....it would be very nice to have a native flac support.
(Not only better for transportation but also for usage of space in the ipad.)
I also think this would be a very good idea! Any prognoses about when? :D
Don't make all the mistakes yourself. Give your collegues a chance as well.

WinstonOBoogie

Re: A few ideas

Post by WinstonOBoogie » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:44 am

You can long press the knobs of FabFilter Pro Q2 (better with a pencil), in order to input the exact values of frequency, gain and Q.

Regards,
Alberto

eustressor
Expert

Post by eustressor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Don't know if this has already been discussed - I looked at some recent posts and didn't spot it. Given the number of AUV3s out now, any chance we could get a search bar at the top of the plugin dropdown menu, ala AUM style?

Sometimes it's an awful long scrolling session when all you want to do is grab a certain plugin quickly. I know templates could help to a degree, but there are usually a few plugs, project to project, where I'm trying something new - we have so many now.

eustressor
Expert

Re: HOW ABOUT A PRO DRUM CONTROLLER AS A IAP?

Post by eustressor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Urbanimages wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 pm
I was having a discussion on Facebook about Auria Pro and some other users couldn’t put there finger on why they could use Auria Pro as there GO TO iOS DAW then it hit me. It’s damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get the MIDI notes on to the piano roll using the tools that Auria Pro provides. So why abandon all that’s GOOD about this app versus trying to FIX what’s wrong without a complete rebuild. Then it hit me AGAIN! KB-1 is a external MIDI KEYBOARD APP why not develop a DRUM MACHINE external app for Auria Pro and add it as a IAP. Then allow this external app to control the AU3’s along with a custom expansion drum library BUILT FOR the new controller. Make it FULLSCREEN 16 pads will roll and macros that could be mapped to the MIDI effects in Auria Pro? Maybe Fab Filter could put it together, maybe it has a really low CPU analog drum synth engine built in using Fab Filter technology? If you LOOK at the other iOS DAWS they pale in comparison to the backend of Auria Pro but there THEY KILL is on THE DRUM MACHINE that controls the DAW.

So what do you think RIM is this “Doable” on your development roadmap?
I'm really digging using Beatmaker 3 (a first for me), exclusively for sequencing acoustic drums. The Ludwig set, with a substitute snare, sounds SO good, and BM3 easily shoots out the stems for use elsewhere. But I also recently grabbed the Xequence AU Drum Pad MIDI controller app for 2.99 US. That might suit a lot of drum needs:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xequence- ... 1453556216

eustressor
Expert

Post by eustressor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:31 am

Also a crucial feature I've seen elsewhere on iOS - would we be able to get a "trash" folder that holds items either for 30 days, or until manually emptied, whenever we delete a file inside Auria? I sure could have used that to recover a crucial session I accidentally deleted a few years back. Ala AudioShare style.

Also, FWIW, a few other users on FB also support my earlier suggestion regarding a "search" field at the top of the AUv3 dropdown list, ala AUM style.

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:30 am

How about 8 effect slots (most important), send tracks (very important), subgroups can also be sent to send tracks (very important), manual punch in (important), fix side chain you can’t side chain and edit using 64 bit at the same time (important), peak level read on the tracks (not important just nice)

LeesKeys

Shortcut for turning midi input on/off?

Post by LeesKeys » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 am

In your planning for the next Auria update, I’m hoping it would be possible to include a button which would be easily accessible on each mixer channel to turn on/off midi input. I know this can be done by drilling down into the FX screen for each track, but that makes for an extra step or two which perhaps isn’t very streamlined, especially if multiple tracks need to be manipulated.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Shortcut for turning midi input on/off?

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:41 am

LeesKeys wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 am
In your planning for the next Auria update, I’m hoping it would be possible to include a button which would be easily accessible on each mixer channel to turn on/off midi input. I know this can be done by drilling down into the FX screen for each track, but that makes for an extra step or two which perhaps isn’t very streamlined, especially if multiple tracks need to be manipulated.
That would b great. It is a hassle to have to open up the track's configuration panel just to enable/disable MIDI input for the track.

Ye Old Fart

Post by Ye Old Fart » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:47 pm

It’s easy to transfer a wav file from my Mac to Auria Pro using Airdrop. Could you please make it possible to transfer wav file from iPad Auria to Mac?
So much faster it would be. Drop box is very annoying and time consuming. I’m not happy with Drop Box. Ye Old Fart.

PUMP
Expert

Some feedback

Post by PUMP » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:09 am

After investing hundreds of dollars into Auria I would appreciate some feedback!!!! Is there gonna be an update? Are you gonna abandon the app? This app is lagging behind there are much needed updates. Can we get a thanks for the suggestions, or good ideas we’ll send this to the team.... I’ve stopped advertising Auria there’s no longer a point when every other daw has caught up and surpassed this app in most cases... I mean we have a lot we just need a UI update, more effect slots, better grouping, send tracks, parallel compression when using 64 bit, better midi editor and a few short cut buttons to make the work flow better

Glen Allan

Post by Glen Allan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Global switch for all effects! Or even a way to disable master bus compression for specific tracks. When i do a mixdown to a new track and want to compare it to the rest of the live session it would be nice to easily toggle between that track and the the rest of session with effects on.
The concepts of both 'Good' and 'Evil' are merely subjective associations in relation to a conditioned reaction to pain and pleasure.