The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 pm

And an app can't directly access the SD card in any case...

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Would like to suggest that we be able to upload to Dropbox without having to necessarily mix down first. If one does a mix in an environment where network is spotty or non-existent we could save local then upload at a later time.

Also, was exporting a 30 minute mix just now and the mix down worked fine but twice it quite while uploading to Dropbox. Would be nice to just upload.

Thank you

Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:26 pm

When you say it quits during a DropBox upload, do you mean that it crashes, or that the upload gets interrupted, and you get a message?

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:02 am

Yes, quits during upload and message appears. Each time progress bar showed just a few percent of the 30 minute clip.

Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:49 am

OK, thanks. I wish the DropBox system was more robust with uploads and downloads.. For example, our download system for downloading demo songs, etc will automatically resume the connection if it's lost, and drop box doesn't do this... There's not much that can be done here, unless DropBox updates their iOS code.

I like your idea of offering a way to do that offline. I'll have to think about that, and see if we can make that work.

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks Rim. And just as a follow up, running a session at 48k, 16 bit - a stereo .wav mixdown longer than approximately 27:18 will cause Dropbox to hang consistently on upload. Same session length, exported as mono works each time. Not sure if this is file size related, or something else.

Regards
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:10 am

It should take twice as long... Are you sure it's hanging? Some DropBox uploads can take an hour to finish.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:55 am

Progress bar quits on upload with an error message for mixes beyond that session length and configuration - at least in my testing yesterday and today.

phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:52 am

Oh, got it. That's a message from DropBox itself then. DropBox might have some limits on the size of a file you can send. There's also a specific message that DropBox generates if you run out of your allowed space quota.

If you have the exact message wording, we can look it up.

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 pm

'There was an error uploading to your Dropbox account'

The above is the message. I pay for the larger DB account and currently have 73% free space. And the file should only be approx 300Mb - DB limit for single uploads is 2G, unless I am missing something.

Upload hangs at the same spot in the progress bar ( approx 20%) each time. I have been doing other Dropbox related things all day which have worked as expected, which makes this odd to me.

Regards,
Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Interesting. That's a general DB error, which could mean lots of things. It's too bad it's not more specific. In any case, it's got to be size related. DB doesn't know the difference between a stereo wav file or a zip file when uploading. Is your WiFi connection solid? Can you try disabling bluetooth (this helps the WiFi radio get a better signal). Perhaps try moving your iPad closer to your WiFi router.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Tried this three ways on two sessions:

From home via FIOS, at the office on both our production router and client-only router. All three exhibit the same conditions with both sessions. I did disable Bluetooth. Files that were under the 27:18 length and uploaded successfully show in Dropbox as 314MB

Appreciate the help.

Regards.

Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 pm

OK, it might help if you can get me the file you're having trouble sending. If I can get that same error to happen here, I'll be able to get more info about it.

Thanks,
Rim

Mikeozit

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread" automation

Post by Mikeozit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:23 pm

I've read the automation wish list and definitely would like the ability to clear automation on a track by track basis rather than clearing entire project. I too find it difficult to reach the automation points right at the start of an editing block though can employ a workaround by nesting an empty bar prior to first element.

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Rim wrote:OK, thanks. I wish the DropBox system was more robust with uploads and downloads.. For example, our download system for downloading demo songs, etc will automatically resume the connection if it's lost, and drop box doesn't do this... There's not much that can be done here, unless DropBox updates their iOS code.

I like your idea of offering a way to do that offline. I'll have to think about that, and see if we can make that work.

Thanks,
Rim
Sadly the Dropbox integration in beatmaker 2 is the same. If the iPad goes into sleep, it gets all confused etc...
And that's WITH the new sdk from DB
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14