The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Geronimo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Jus wrote:Cheers for that but it doesn't reset all the dials when I press default on mine for some reason :?
Oh, you are right, it doesn't. I've just tried it. I thought it does :)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:58 am

Found a way round it I just saved the preset as default 2 before I changed anything 8)

chuen

Post by chuen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:31 am

Greatings Auria community!

My whishlist:

1) Editor:
In my opinion, Mackie Tracktion was best interfaced desktop DAW. Watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xBewBrx ... ata_player
Auria looks very similar - that's great.
I wish some editing features to be implemented:
1a) If you trim 2 minute recording say for 4 bars and place that clip just in to right place in Tracktion, you were able to adjust clip's content back and forth while clip itself not moving along the timeline.
1b) Also, if set punch in/out points and do record in Loop mode, Tracktion records multiply takes in that position, you just select the best one via plus sign which appears on bottom right side of that clip.
1c) Automation drawing was also very good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDyxHhOE ... ata_player

That's with edits..

2) Powersave and performace options:

I use Auria and do recordings in jungle forest :)) so battery life is critical... Main battery hogs I've found: screen, USB mike, headphones plugged (even if no sound comming through) and CPU of course.
By the way I report Blue Snowball is a wonderful mike, works great in Auria without any powerhubs..

So I request "powersaving mode":
2a) Blank screen during operations like Mixing Down, Importing etc... If I just lock the IPAD Auria make no progress untill unlock..
Also, importing large mp3 can take a very long time.. Usually I mix at the night, so I might able to make some tea until IPAD flashes again, giving me very visual sign "Completed"
2b) powering down USB mike while rec button is inactive. If it is possible to do software would save another amount of battery... I usually manually unplug CCK, but many times I just forget...
2c) I see level meter on muted track is active... Is that true that it takes CPU and MEM while I don't actually use it? :))

3) Filesystem:
I did jailbreak just to open it and remove all powerhoggy daemons.. In short I wanted to use symlink pointing to waves from other apps... Auria do not display it in "Importing Audio" dialog.. Permissions are ok...

4) Plugs:
Trancegate is badly needed!

Finally, I enjoy Auria and wish a long&happy life to it!
Thanks for reading...

rew0

Pre/post metering button

Post by rew0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:04 am

Still loving Auria....

Apologies if this has come up already but could not find it in the forum...

Pre/post metering can be switched in the Settings dialogue.
Could this be available on the main screen as it is a frequently used control when going from recording mode into mix down mode? Or even selectable per channel on the channel strip?

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 am

Well maybe it's just me, but i think it would be nice to have the option to manipulate the automation control points during the playback mode. It's because i like to work on-the-fly, so that i don't have to press stop and play each time when i want to hear how a certain modulation sounds. It's slowing my workflow down a bit, but really just a tiny bit :)

Otherwise, i absolutely fell in love with your automation write mode. I've discovered it randomly yesterday in a youtube video, and this, on the other, improves my workflow a lot!

Haven't used a proper DAW for a while now, and didn't that these feature exist now. They certainly didn't a few years ago...

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm

i know if you tap+hold on a region it becomes the top layer(covering up any overlapping regions) however is there an easy way to send a region to the "bottom" - so any regions hiding beneath it will become exposed? if theres currently no way to do this, this would be a really useful feature/option under the edit menu i think :)

noise.offthesky.com

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:42 pm

also, being able to copy/paste a region between songs(with the region's attributes in tact; like start/end points and fades) would be useful!

noise.offthesky.com

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am

offthesky wrote:also, being able to copy/paste a region between songs(with the region's attributes in tact; like start/end points and fades) would be useful!
I second that! That would be useful for single projects as well, the ability to copy and paste audio including the control points i mean. Maybe you could create an extra layer for the control points so that one can move them around on a whole, like you can do with the samples.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 am

HI there,first i have to say that i`m not own auria yet.But I gonna buy two ipads this month and auria will be one of the first purchased apps for sure :)
And I`m SO happy that you offer my most favorite eq (Pro Q)as an inApp purchase!Instant buy.
So,currently i`m using just a friends iPad 1 undtil i buy mine.

A few wishes (hope they are not adressed yet in this thread.But i guess i read everything before)

1.Is it possible to add some"folder"for audiofiles like the regions/folders in Logic?I`m usually doing a lot of smaller edits in the editor/arranger view
and after editing i just create a folder arround them,cause otherwise it would be a hell lot of work to copy them.This could be an advantage too:
the folders no longer needs to show the waveforms,so maybe this could reusult in a smoother screen operation?

2.I would love to be able to copy multiple times with one click.Just a small menu where i can choose the amount of copies.Or at least a loop function.

3.a small toolbox that you can activate and place somewhere on the screen.Similar to the right click classic toolbox in cubase/Logic with the most common
edit tools like a pen or scissor.oh,wait.I imagine a scissor wouldn`t make sense.But a"cut"button instead?Still easier than to pull out the menu all time.

4.Timestretching in editor screen.Similar to logic.Just push/hold a button,grab the right bottom end of an audiofile and drag it to the desired position.

5.ah yeah:Midi (and instruments).But i know it`s on you list.

Sorry,dont`t want to sound like someone who wants to have an 1:1 cubase/logic clone but -different workflows beside- i guess these are usable features/workflow improvements for many people (and much more flexibility.) :)

And a question:I don`t want to"open the box of pandora"again but regarding the retina screen on iPad 3:Does it mean auria looks more worse (pixelated) than on an iPad 2 or "just as good"?

Auria would be my most used app but i still didn`t decide if i buy iPad 2 or 3.If it looks THAT bad on the iPad 3 i would just buy the older one...

Thanks in advance!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am

Sidechaining would be awesome as well, but i'm sure it's on your list.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

Some more filter options on the reverb would be nice as well. On both of them. Like EQing in general.

It's because when i want to create something that should be "deep in space", i'll always have this tail of certain metallic sounding frequencies that i don't want there. Even with the filter set to 200hz. Sidechaining with an EQ would help here a lot i guess. But i understand it completely that this has no priority at the moment.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 am

Found a way with AUX FX, but can't EQ them either, but it's good enough for now :)

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 am

Or can i somehow EQ the AUX Reverb FX, with an aditional FX like the ProQ maybe?

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 am

one more:Beatmaker 2 can it now so i'm sure you can do it too:streaming audio from disk :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 am

Can you explain what you mean by "streaming audio from disk"? All DAWs, including Auria stream from disk.

Rim