Multitasking i.e. Recording and using GoodReader for Lyrics

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DigiPep

Multitasking i.e. Recording and using GoodReader for Lyrics

Post by DigiPep » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 pm

I know that many of us perform live with our bands and plan on using Auria to accomplish "Live" recordings. It would be really fantastic if I could put up a stereo mic, route it through my Scarlett 18i6 into Auria and record my band live while still being able to exit Auria and use the GoodReader app to read my lyrics or music charts like RealB during a live show. In other words: While recording two tracks in Auria, I'd still like to use my iPad to display PDF's without Auria quitting the recording process.

For example, I'm already able to play audio from Apple's Music app and switch to other apps without affecting playback. So the iPad can handle this kind of thing with playback, what about recording?

Does anyone else think that this would be useful? I don't expect or need this to work with any more than two tracks. So, in theory, there wouldn't be a huge load on the CPU.

What do you think?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Multitasking i.e. Recording and using GoodReader for Lyr

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:23 pm

This should be possible. Just use the Background Audio mode in Auria's settings. As long as the other app doesn't use too much memory, it should be no problem. CPU shouldn't be an issue I'd imagine.

Rim

DigiPep

Re: Multitasking i.e. Recording and using GoodReader for Lyr

Post by DigiPep » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 pm

You're right! Thanks so much for the info. I turned Background Audio on in Settings and I was able to record without interruption while using GoodReader. This is so great. I might do a live recording this weekends just to see the guy's in my band jaws drop. Auria is such an elegantly implemented recording app. It more than lives up to all of my expectations.

Thanks again!