Mixdown CUT problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Mixdown CUT problem

Post by Sinapsya » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:52 pm

When I mixdown my project with long reverb Auria End audio before The real End....and CUT The End of reverb release...

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mixdown CUT problem

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks, I'll add this to the next update.

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

i also have this problem during playback, where a track has a long reverb tail(or psp echo long decay) effect on it - and about a second after a region ends, the reverb or echo's tail just cuts right off, rather harshly.

a work around i found is to put a long, silent .wav file at the end of the region so you trick the effects or track into thinking there's still audio there which lets the tail continue on.

can't wait for this problem to get fixed as i think using a silence.wav file in there is a rather dirty work-around ;)

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 am

We will solve this in a future version by offering an additional option in the mixdown screen to add a postroll after the mixdown. It's not appropriate to simply add this to all mixdowns, as it's annoying to have an extra 20 seconds on every mixdown, so an option will be the best.

Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Rim
Any further progress with this issue as the abrupt FX stop at the end of a region is annoying? Also, when you mention fixing this in final mixdown I hope you don't mean just that. I would like to adjust and control these tails within each project.
Regards
Trueyorky

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Why not have start and end points?
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 am

This is very easy to solve - just do your mixdown using the locator points. Se the start locator point at the beginning of the song, and set the end point to where you want it, say 20 seconds after the end of the song. These are already options in the mixdown box

Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 am

Trueyorky wrote:Hi Rim
Any further progress with this issue as the abrupt FX stop at the end of a region is annoying? Also, when you mention fixing this in final mixdown I hope you don't mean just that. I would like to adjust and control these tails within each project.
Regards
Trueyorky
Rim, for me this is not a mixdown issue. It is the way Auria is handling delays, etc at the end of a region (audio sample). I have tried many different settings but I cannot seem to avoid the abrupt end of effects soon after the end of a region. I need to control this within each track as part of my mix not on mixdown. I would like to apply an effect, say delay and hear this effecting the whole track not clipping in and out when it comes across audio regions.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

Oh, that's something entirely different. I think there are two topics being discussed in this thread. For mixdown, the solution proposed above should work fine. The issue you're experiencing is something I just fixed for 1.04.

Thanks,
Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 am

Brilliant thanks.