Can't Open Project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't Open Project

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:18 am

Agreed, and having this functionality is already on my list.

Rim

robdean
Expert

Post by robdean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Rim, that's excellent. I know I have posted in the past requesting 'edit decision lists' / mixes being savable separately to overall projects, but I must say on reflection that thinking about that simply as a matter of project file backups seems very appropriate.
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Sounds good. I'll be getting to the feature list as soon as I run down the list of critical fixes.

Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:10 pm

I look forward to the addition of improved project backups, as I just lost one this morning myself. Unfortunately the automated safety projects didn't help in this case. There were three safety backups in place, however they all had the same time stamp (1 minute prior to the project time) and all 3 crashed identically. Plenty of free memory and CPU.

Fortunately I did have an older backup of the project saved to the computer, plus the audio files from the damaged project were fine. It was still a huge pain to have to redo all the edits made in the interim.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:35 am

Dave,

Do you still have this project? I'd love to look at it, to learn why it crashes.

Thanks,
Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Sorry Rim, I tossed it and just rebuilt from my earlier backup.

I can tell you one thing I did right before the crash that I had not tried previously with Auria:

I wanted to join a bunch of sliced regions, so I soloed the track, set up a Locator range for the section I wanted to join, then mixed down to .wav with " import as new track" option selected. I did this twice (on two different sections of the song. The first time it worked fine, the second time it crashed as it was creating the new track.
One thing I noticed, was that I had neglected to set the mixdown to mono, so the new track was stereo, yet Auria allowed me to drag the stereo region onto the old mono track. I should have simply remixed to mono, but laziness and curiosity got the better of me. It was shortly after that, when Auria crashed and I was unable to open the project anymore.

Of course, none of that may have a lick to do with the issue, but perhaps it will be of some use.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 am

OK, thanks.

Rim