Regarding cymbal samples for Auria Drumagog

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rossidrums

Re: Regarding cymbal samples for Auria Drumagog

Post by rossidrums » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:49 am

Hey Rim, et. al. I e-mailed tech support, but thought I would post here as well. I am very happy with Auria overall, and love having Drumagog on there. I have a major issue, however. I am using all gog files that either came with Drumagog, were on the free downloads page I was sent to to get my cymbals, etc., or in the Rock Drums cymbal pack, which I purchased, downloaded, and added to my iPad. My problem is that the articulation drop down menu doesn't appear to actually work for ANY of these cymbals. I pull up the articulation I want, but it always produces nothing but the closed hat sound. This is really frustrating. Anything you can recommend? Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 am

It's the articulation control you want to use, not the drop down menu. The drop down menu is just for viewing the articulation samples. To actually use different articulations, you need to move the control.

Rim

rossidrums

Post by rossidrums » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:32 am

Is there anything else that has to be on or off for that control to work? I have tried that as well, but the sound still never changes.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 am

There's nothing that has to be on - you simply move the control, and Drumagog will play that articulation when it triggers. As you move the control, you'll see the name of the articulation change (for example Open, Closed, etc). Only gog files which contain articulation will work in this way, of course.

Rim

C-minus
Expert

Post by C-minus » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi, I have just purchased drumagog5 via auria in app purchase, cannot access sample library. I realize I can add files of my own, but was under the impression there were files included "out of the box". Drumagog website keeps looping me between 2 pages, telling me to log in, blah blah. Can anyone help, very frustrating, as I was excited about jumping right in and playing around with it, but I have no gog files. thanks!
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 pm

The Drumagog web site is for the desktop version of Drumagog, which is probably why you were having trouble logging in.

Drumagog for Auria comes with a collection of gog files, but you need to make sure that the download completes after purchasing Drumagog. If it didn't complete, you can get it started again by clicking on the Restore Purchases button in the Auria store. The download is fairly long, so make sure you have a solid internet connection and give it some time.

Rim

C-minus
Expert

Post by C-minus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:46 am

Thanks for your prompt reply, worked perfectly!!
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.