1.03 update issue resolved.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

1.03 update issue resolved.

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 pm

We finally figured out why the 1.03 update was causing crashing for some users and have fixed the problem. As usual with these things, it was a tiny, stupid mistake that was easy to fix. I am creating a new update (1.03a), and will submit to Apple later today. We'll ask for an expedited review. Let's hope we get it.

Thanks, I appreciate the patience with this update, and apologize for any issues this may have caused.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Re: 1.03 update issue resolved.

Post by mtingle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Thats good news Rim, well done.

Out of interest, I couldn't get the:

"there's a default "snap" that prevents fine tuning of the movement at the initial move. (added a 2 second timeout - just hold the region for at least two seconds to disable this snap behavior)"

to work. I pressed the region for well over 2 secs and still the region 'lurches' for its 1st movement. Did this fix make it into 1.03?

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Good work guys. Many thanks :-)

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks, that was fast. :)

I did a backup and re-installed tho. I noticed there's some new stuff in the auria store, do you have to submit a new version of auria every time a plugin etc is added or how does that work?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 pm

mtingle: Yes, this fix did make it into 1.03. To get it to work, it's important to keep your finger very still during those few seconds. I recommend trying longer than two seconds, as the timing could vary slightly, depending on how many regions are displayed, etc. Also, keep in mind, there's still a small "snap" that's part of the way the touchscreen works, but the new method reduces the snap significantly.

ChrisG: yes, the way the apple system works, you must push an update for any new in-app purchases. All app "options" (as apple refers to them) must exist inside the version in order to be able to sell them.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 pm

iOS 6 requires the latest itunes and mac operating software 10.6.8 or later so anyone running mac os under this cannot connect to thier itunes to back-up Auria. Just thought I would let users know this could happen and the Mac App Store wont let you download Lion for $20 unless you have 10.6.8 or later so anyone stuck here has to find an old copy of SnowLepard so that they can update to Lion. So question now is how to get a copy of snowlepard to upgrade to Lion? This happened to me as for the last 2 yrs I have been ficusing on my iPad and seems I've neglected in updating my iMac. Any help as to where I can obtain an copy of Snowlepard 10.6.8. Any help from Mac users would be helpful. I contacted the Apple Store and was told that that OS is no longer available.
As a result of this I cannot back-up my Auria projects before this update crash, as mine crashed like many others so upon deleting Auria I too lost all my songs Ive been working on. As well the regular update is fast but to re-download Auria after purchasing all the plug-ins takes way more time due to the large IR Files, Drumagog Files and so on.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Rim wrote:mtingle: Yes, this fix did make it into 1.03. To get it to work, it's important to keep your finger very still during those few seconds. I recommend trying longer than two seconds, as the timing could vary slightly, depending on how many regions are displayed, etc. Also, keep in mind, there's still a small "snap" that's part of the way the touchscreen works, but the new method reduces the snap significantly.
Rim
just don't seem to be able to get it to work, no matter how long I wait it always jumps that 1st initial move. I might make a little vid to show you what I mean.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:iOS 6 requires the latest itunes and mac operating software 10.6.8 or later so anyone running mac os under this cannot connect to thier itunes to back-up Auria. Just thought I would let users know this could happen and the Mac App Store wont let you download Lion for $20 unless you have 10.6.8 or later so anyone stuck here has to find an old copy of SnowLepard so that they can update to Lion. So question now is how to get a copy of snowlepard to upgrade to Lion? This happened to me as for the last 2 yrs I have been ficusing on my iPad and seems I've neglected in updating my iMac. Any help as to where I can obtain an copy of Snowlepard 10.6.8. Any help from Mac users would be helpful. I contacted the Apple Store and was told that that OS is no longer available.
As a result of this I cannot back-up my Auria projects before this update crash, as mine crashed like many others so upon deleting Auria I too lost all my songs Ive been working on. As well the regular update is fast but to re-download Auria after purchasing all the plug-ins takes way more time due to the large IR Files, Drumagog Files and so on.
I bypass itunes for transferring projects or gog files or presets by using ifunbox:

http://i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/

you can access the ipad files directly and drag and drop all you want without any zip file restrictions. plus it's free.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Rim: Thanks, got it.

Btw, the WIST bug with the other app starting early seems to still be there. Only tested it briefly with auria on iPad and DM-1 and MoDrum on iPhone 5.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:52 pm

mtingle wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:iOS 6 requires the latest itunes and mac operating software 10.6.8 or later so anyone running mac os under this cannot connect to thier itunes to back-up Auria. Just thought I would let users know this could happen and the Mac App Store wont let you download Lion for $20 unless you have 10.6.8 or later so anyone stuck here has to find an old copy of SnowLepard so that they can update to Lion. So question now is how to get a copy of snowlepard to upgrade to Lion? This happened to me as for the last 2 yrs I have been ficusing on my iPad and seems I've neglected in updating my iMac. Any help as to where I can obtain an copy of Snowlepard 10.6.8. Any help from Mac users would be helpful. I contacted the Apple Store and was told that that OS is no longer available.
I bypass itunes for transferring projects or gog files or presets by using ifunbox:

http://i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/

you can access the ipad files directly and drag and drop all you want without any zip file restrictions. plus it's free.
Wow thanks for the tip Mtingle ! I will give an eye on it ...
But for example to put ir files or gog files in Auria you don't zip the files and put them directly in the root folder ? Or create a folder ?
Thanks again it's a very good alternative method to iTunes .

Amicalement
Hervé

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 pm

@vezinho all I do is copy the files directly to where all the other files of that type are. and no I don't zip them. just copy them from the auria folder or sub-folder over to the computer. Just make sure you put them back in the same place as where you got them mimicking the folder structure. It's just the same as a file browser really.
Last edited by mtingle on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm

mtingle, here's a short video of how the new non-snapping region move works for me:

I simply tap and hold on a region for more than a few seconds without moving, then I proceed to move. I don't have any snap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4ureuJSjc

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Chris, this might be a WIST issue, because I remember testing this with DM-1, and they both started at the same time for me. I'll test this again.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:24 pm

i can connect my two ipad 2 with iOS6 to my macbook running 10.5.8 and itunes 10.6.3 without any problem.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 pm

@mtingle
Thanks mate !
Definitely I'll give a try to bypass iTunes