ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:54 am

Download it from soundcloud to your computer and then use iTunes file sharing to put it into Auria, very easy.m or you could use Dropbox as well, if that's easier.

Hoffamania

Post by Hoffamania » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:58 pm

I can't find the in app purchases. I bought the drum loops. I don't know where they are. Where do I find it?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Drum loops will be located in the Loops folder. When you use the Import Audio menu, just navigate to the Loops folder and choose the loop you want.

If you don't see them, you may need to re-download the loops. To do this, go to the Auria store and click Restore Purchases.

Rim

DeanRasik

Post by DeanRasik » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:55 pm

So... I'm new... I downloaded a free demo from the Auria Store.... (James McCartney) and can't find it... Where is it? How do I play that?
Thanks...
Dean

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:58 pm

If you tap on Menu, then Load Project, you should see it in the list of projects.

Rim

Hoffamania

Post by Hoffamania » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Still can't get the loops going. I see them. They are not selectable. They are like empty links. I feel like I am erasing them. I am having trouble posting questions so I am sure it user related. There is nothing in the intail demo song file now( the approach) either. Am I inadvertently doing something to empty these folders?

Ps thanks for the earlier help. I really love this app and want it to work for me. I'd like to stop asking questions and post what I've done with it instead. And yes I have restored purchases. Twice. I know I'm doing something weird.

Hoffamania

Post by Hoffamania » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Alright I'm an idiot. You have to select each track individually. Seeing they are multi trck loops. Like its called. Thanks for the help. I've been a disaster with all digital formats but the Roland 1680. I used to have a tape machine. I could touch that stuff. I got hooked on garage band for iPad. Wanted to step it up. I've been remixing the Rubens. I love this thing. I can't wait to use this. I wish I could audition the loop as a whole. Am I still missing some thing?( I know missing a lot.) but specifically. I guess the room mike is a good audition. Thanks for the help.

Hoffamania

Post by Hoffamania » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Can I use any drum sequencer and replace its samples with drum drumagog ? Does drumagog only work with analog drums? Or can I replace their bad sample with a good one?

r3d1973

Post by r3d1973 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm

can you email your music from Auria and if so how?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Drumagog works with any drums that are on separate audio tracks. For example, kick drum on one track, snare on another.

You can easily email your mixdowns. Just go to the mixdown box and choose the email option.

Rim

Hoffamania

Post by Hoffamania » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Again thank you Mr Rim. I am now endeavoring to do more reading before asking. But one more. I don't have convertors yet. I keep seeing people say they can plug their Gtr in with a head phone splitter(ipad). I can't route it away from the internal mic to the head phone jack. Is there a place to assign it or is this an internet meme or iphone only. Or do I not know how to assingn impuyts. Or spell.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:54 pm

You want to stay away from any kind of audio interface that plugs into the headphone jack of an iPad. These have terrible crosstalk, and the general audio quality is low. I recommend something that plugs into the 30 pin or lightning connector.

Rim

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:06 pm

I found the iTrack Solo really good. Had loads of problems with the IO Dock, but none at all with the Solo. Also deals with mic input and carries phantom power. Cheap too!

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

firehosed
Expert

Post by firehosed » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:05 am

I am having a very hard time understanding how to properly use Pro-C. I have tried watching videos on YouTube and it's still not clicking.

Thanks

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Tarekith wrote:Download it from soundcloud to your computer and then use iTunes file sharing to put it into Auria, very easy.m or you could use Dropbox as well, if that's easier.
Thanks,,,but I wanted to do this without using a computer...?