Timedelay compensation for sidechain audio

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Timedelay compensation for sidechain audio

Post by Denzkps » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:20 am

Hello Rim! If you have any time can you make some investigation for timedelay compensation in sidechain signal. Now and before it works with small delay which depends from buffer size. I understand that isn’t important for all, but it’s very necessary for electronic style music. This is very easy to detect. We make 3 stereo audio tracks. On one we put the kick drum and make it to the left. On the second track, we put the compressor ProC2 with the sidechain from kick in the audition mode, make pan to the right. The third track for recording audio from the master. If you change the buffer size in the settings, the sidechain signal delay changes. I think that this is easy to take into account and correct. The sidechain signal should be without any delay. Cubasis now has full delay compensation but it also has a lot off terrible bugs. Auria is the best! But make full delay compensation for side chain, please!
Many thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Timedelay compensation for sidechain audio

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:05 am

Hi, this is on my list to investigate. Thank you.

Rim