Bug Reporting?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Bug Reporting?

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Is there a thread for just reporting possible bugs cause it seems not to be here or am I missing it. Im sending people to report their priblems to a specific thread called Bug Reporting so if there isnt one could there be one ?

CEIsar
Expert

Re: Bug Reporting?

Post by CEIsar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 pm

i was also longer thinking about a (sticky)thread but it needs to have rules otherwise it will be a big (off topic)mess up after a while :)

maybe something like

1.(short but clear)description

2.reproducible: (how to)

3.Auria version

4.iOS Version (jailbreak yes/no )

....what else?Maybe it should really just include clearly reproducible bugs to avoid discussions?Guess it's a problem how to manage a bug thread without having a discussion (when Rim answers etc...)
Unless the thread starter updates the buglist all the time maybe...nobody wants to crawl thru 50+ pages after a while.And what about the solved bugs then?

Dunno if its better then spreading the bugreports arround the whole forum.Maybe :)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Rim seems to be on top of the bugs that get reported. He makes a note in the 'bug status' thread. I haven't seen any major ones that have slipped the net.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:12 pm

mtingle wrote:Rim seems to be on top of the bugs that get reported. He makes a note in the 'bug status' thread. I haven't seen any major ones that have slipped the net.
No this is not a complaint that Bugs are not being fixed or noticed by Rim but rather for there to be 1 Bug reporting thread so that our main forum wall doesnt scare off any potential new Auria users by seing titles like" sorry Auria Im switching to ??? App, or " I want my money back" ect. Ect. Lets try to keep those frustrated users to one area as it's starting to look like a Negative forum as opposed to a forum celebrating this new technology and the amazing experience of using pro plugins on an iPad. Ive also noticed the headings, " not sure if Im supposed to post this problem here", because the Forum lacks this heading if Bug or Problem reporting so as a result they get posted everywhere then eventually lost as the pages increase constantly forcing them to re-post their original problem.
Cheers. And yes were all aware of the mighty wonderful job Rim does.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
mtingle wrote:Rim seems to be on top of the bugs that get reported. He makes a note in the 'bug status' thread. I haven't seen any major ones that have slipped the net.
No this is not a complaint that Bugs are not being fixed or noticed by Rim but rather for there to be 1 Bug reporting thread so that our main forum wall doesnt scare off any potential new Auria users by seing titles like" sorry Auria Im switching to ??? App, or " I want my money back" ect. Ect. Lets try to keep those frustrated users to one area as it's starting to look like a Negative forum as opposed to a forum celebrating this new technology and the amazing experience of using pro plugins on an iPad. Ive also noticed the headings, " not sure if Im supposed to post this problem here", because the Forum lacks this heading if Bug or Problem reporting so as a result they get posted everywhere then eventually lost as the pages increase constantly forcing them to re-post their original problem.
Cheers. And yes were all aware of the mighty wonderful job Rim does.
I'm just saying it does seem to be working so may not need changing. As for keeping the forum clear of 'w/x/y is wrong' type threads I think that it is the nature of of support forums to have a whole load of 'needing help' thread as opposed to 'this is great' threads. As forums go, Auria's is fine IMO.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:50 pm

The disadvantage of a single 'Bug Reports' thread is that a single thread is needed for each bug reported - to allow for the inevitable discussion/clarification posts. That's a problem with the existing 'Wishlist' thread. It's difficult to follow and even more difficult to scan to see if one's latest wish hasn't already been documented.

What's needed, if this brand of forum (phpBB) allows, is sub-forums or threads-within-threads. Even then, don't expect that the impatient new user won't vent their frustrations all over the place :(

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

I guess Rim must have been a little too busy of late (what with NAMM and Audiobus integration, to name but two things) to keep the 'Bug Status' thread up-to-date. There's been nothing posted there since v1.06.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Someone noticed ;) You're right - I've been catching up post-NAMM, and have kept my bug list off line. I'll be updating the official one in the next day or two.

There are plusses and minuses on creating a single bug thread. The issue is it's hard to follow one thread if it contains several bug reports. I suppose a separate forum is the way to go, so we may do that at some point.

Thanks,
Rim