Corrupt project, snapshots

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gdog
Expert

Corrupt project, snapshots

Post by gdog » Wed May 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Rim,

I loaded an old snapshot of a project, & for some reason, an older version of the project is loaded. Eg, instead of loading song4, Auria loads song3, when trying to load song4's snapshot. I don't know if I renamed the project after saving the snapshot, but if I did I should be able to get back to song4? Unfortunately, even if I load song4 from the load project menu, or recent project menu, it just loads song3. I loaded song3 & renamed it song3edit, but when I load song4, it still loads song3, which shouldn't even be there anymore!

I've backed up the recordings, but will have lost some automation work, unless there's a way to recover it? Any suggestions on recovering my latest project would be great. Thanks for reading, all the best! <3

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Corrupt project, snapshots

Post by Rim » Wed May 14, 2014 5:04 pm

There was indeed a bug related to renaming a project, then using Snapshots to recover older versions. Not sure if this is what you're experiencing, but this particular issue was fixed and will appear in the next update, due out in a week or so.

In any case, when you load a snapshot, Auria automatically creates another "backup" snapshot of your current project before you loaded the snapshot. This has a "_bk" after the name. Have you tried loading that one?

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Wed May 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Rim,

Yes, I tried loading the _bk snapshot, & all the other snapshots, to no avail. If there's nothing else I can do, I will rebuild the project from scratch, & be sure to save a backup project more often!

Thanks again Rim, all the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 pm

One thing you can try is to copy the "_bk" snapshot into your main project folder manually (using iFunBox):

1. Copy the snapshot file you want (the _bk file in your case, since it was the most recent one) into the main project folder
2. Delete the project file (the .prj file)
3. Rename the snapshot to .prj

Make sure to rename it to the exact name of your project folder and add the .prj extension. In other words, if your project folder is called "Project 4", then rename this snapshot to "Project 4.prj"

Restart Auria.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks Rim :)
I will try that tomorrow, & let u know how it goes. All the best! <3

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Rim,

Your method above worked! This is great coz I don't have to redo all the mixer levels, etc. Yet, when I looked at the track that's had automation on it, the automation is crossing over to the track below, which prob means Ill have to redo it?
Also, I don't feel like doing the above for all my old snapshots, so will the update u just submitted fix these snapshots?

Thanks again, I was able to recover my latest snapshot which was what I wanted! All the best! <3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 15, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm glad to hear it worked. The update I just submitted fixes this bug, but it won't repair existing snapshots affected by it.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Thu May 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Cool :)
Is there anything I can do about the automation crossing over to the track below?
Many thanks! <3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Do you mean that a control point in one track extends beyond the track boundary and into the next track? If that's the case, how did you get that to happen?

Rim