Auria continual crash

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

Auria continual crash

Post by Navpack » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Working on a project for the last few weeks - a 25 minute audio-for-video. Today while loading new audio clips from dropbox Auria hung. Now I cannot load any other project or do anything within the current project. As soon as I select practically any function from the menu Auria crashes. I tried manually moving the project off the iPad, and Auria will load a template project but again any menu fuction crashes the app. Interestingly, when I go to swipe up in the OS, the Auria screen shot still shows the previous project view in the timeline where it was last when all this started. Memory has been running lower than normal today, around 10Mb free, which is unusual.

I can get radical and delete Auria app entirely but would rather not have to.

iPad has current iOS and is an Air 1.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria continual crash

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Sounds like something got corrupted in that project. I suggest using iFunBox to manually rename that project to something else, then try starting Auria again. This time it won't load that project (because you renamed it). If it's an important project, you can use iFunBox again to copy out one of the snapshot files (in the snapshots folder), and replace the main prj file with that one. Then try loading the project again.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Thanks Rim - tried both your suggestions and while I could get Auria to load my template project I attempted a short import audio test in this new empty project and the app immediately crashed. Any attempt to load another project also crashes the app, with the iOS 'swipe up' screen shot still showing the old project timeline position picture. This may be something in the iOS and not Auria, but appreciate any further suggestions!

Regards,
phil.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:14 pm

**Update - loaded this same project onto an iPad 4, and while the CPU load is higher the free memory shows approx 130MB, which is more typical of this project. Import and other menu functions work as expected thus far. Don't know what this means for my Air, but I may just try and finish up on the 4 since it is running okay.

Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 pm

That's pretty unusual for every project to do that. Have you tried rebooting the iPad? If that doesn't do it, then I suppose the only solution is to delete Auria and reinstall. Just use iFunBox to back up all your projects and other folders (IR Files, Gog files, Presets).

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 am

I believe I know what caused the crash. My database that is used to search and transfer sfx/music files was set to transfer the files named by Description and not Filename. This sent over a file with an unusually long name which Auria apparently didn't like very much and hung things up.
Did a reinstall of the app after backing up projects, presets, etc and have been working for several hours today on this same project with no issues.
Thanks for the quick responses and suggestions - they were helpful!

Best regards,
phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 am

Glad you found the cause. Auria can typically handle filename paths as large as 1024 characters, but Apple uses a rather long path in front of the filename, so that shortens it a bit.

Rim