ios9 - projects fail to open and Auria quits

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: ios9 - projects fail to open and Auria quits

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:22 pm

I've attached the exact prj file that is opening for me here. Maybe try to copy this file into your project folder, overwriting the one that's there (make sure to unzip the file first).

Rim
Attachments
My Boy_choruschange.prj.zip
(21.27 KiB) Downloaded 419 times

elixeter

Post by elixeter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:34 am

I am so sorry - still no luck there. And I have absolutely nothing running in the background on my iPad - so how the hell do I fix the ram issue?

What a puzzle.

Is there anything else I can provide that might help?

elixeter

Post by elixeter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Update: tried restoring my iPad and still crashes. I do have a fair amount of music apps. And I have 16gb free space on the 65gb iPad Air 2.

Is there any way to disable the plugins without opening the project - which I am sure are the cause of the ram issue, so I am back to basic tracks?

Just a heads up I am pretty nifty with iPads and tech, so don't be afraid to go all out on me!

Cheers team

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:51 pm

@elixeter
Do a search here for "snapshots". I believe there are a few threads that show how to use ifunbox or similar software to act as a file/project manager and you can rename files and such.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Here's a version of your project with no plug-ins inserted. Hopefully this will help.

Make sure to uncompress this zip file first, and delete all the other .prj files from your project folder, then copy this one to the folder.

Rim
Attachments
My Boy_choruschange.prj.zip
(19.88 KiB) Downloaded 436 times

elixeter

Post by elixeter » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:40 am

Thank you so much for this.

So I have gone into app sharing within iTunes, Auria, and then dragged the project file out. Waiting for it it copy, then replaced the .prj file with the one you sent just now. Deleted the other .prj files so now just the new one. Dragged this back into Auria.

Doesn't crash, but doesn't load anything after the loading bar completes. Just the project I had open before is still open.

What the hell is wrong with my Auria!?! I've even tried a clean install!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:24 am

Maybe you're trying to do this while Auria is still open? Kill Auria completely (double-tap on your home button and swipe up). Then do all your copying. I recommend against using iTunes, as it has several issues with copying folders. The recommended way to do this is using an app called iFunBox. It's free and available for both Mac and PC. Assemble the project using the new .prj file while it's still on your computer, then use iFunBox to copy the entire project folder back to your iPad. Then start Auria. It works perfectly for me every time here, so if this doesn't work, I'm not sure there anything more I can suggest.

Rim

elixeter

Post by elixeter » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Thanks for all your help. If it doesn't work, I'll just throw my iPad at a small child and get a 4-track 8)

LOmB

Post by LOmB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:31 am

This is my project. It's my first song with Auria, I'm an absolute beginner but I would like to keep it. Someone could help me? (I'm working on a iPad Pro 128 gb Ram /half free). I think that some of the plugins are not working

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0rfirohmc7q ... 3HBma?dl=0

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57 am

Hi LOmb, I tried to load your project from your dropbox link but it simply crashes Auria Pro every time. Attempting to redownload to see what happens. Cheers
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LOmB

Post by LOmB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:08 am

I've tried all the solutions read on this thread but no one of them worked. :-(

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi, I tried to re-download the project but ir still crashes. So what I did was import all your audio files into a new project and listened to all the tracks. As a producer I kept the tracks that I felt were the best performed and that glued the song together. The other sound effects and shakers I left out as those seemed to take away from the song and sound. simple is sometimes better. Here is the link to my dropbox with my mixed version of your very cool track. Dont the name of the song. Hope this helps save your track. Cheers and all done in AuriaPro if your wondering.
link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/odo99jw1t4wv0 ... 1.wav?dl=0

LOmB

Post by LOmB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:57 am

Hi Antony, thanks!
I'm not a producer, I bought Auria and some prosumer mics (t-bone and behringer) and a cheap mixer with usb capabilities to compose and record my songs because it is increasingly difficult to play with the whole band because of personal commitments of each one.
I switched from Garageband to Auria and that was my first record, I'm going mad to understand compressor and parametric equalizers.
I really appreciate what you make, maybe I will keep the song without shakers and kick drums because I liked your super clean work. So, if you liked my guitar and voice home version, please feel free to download the full band version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vylnid8gxwmho ... F.mp3?dl=0

We're from Catania, Italy. This is our first record available on spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0KZ6fdZwa48WZAhecsV4NK