Auria Pro beta

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Edouardpapazian
Expert

Auria Pro beta

Post by Edouardpapazian » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Yesterday I recorded a new Song...
This morning when I loaded my song one of my region was missing..
So I decided to load a previous snapshot...
Now all my region are missing....

I don't know if I the only only but for x reason I lost everytime all my songs...

I tired to look everywhere where could be my audio files...
Impossible to find them.
It's look like they were deleted from my iPad...

If you have an idea of what I can do...

My best
Ed

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro beta

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Are you using Auria v2.01? I fixed a problem similar to what you're describing in 2.01. You can see what version you're using in the settings page.

Rim

rbriand

Post by rbriand » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Rim wrote:Are you using Auria v2.01? I fixed a problem similar to what you're describing in 2.01. You can see what version you're using in the settings page.

Rim
Hello Rim, I've been trying to figure out how to find the version number of what's currently on my ipad air2. When I look in settings Auria icon simply says Auria and when selected shows a switch for allowing mic access. No version numbers that I can find. I saw an update yesterday availble for Auria so I downloaded and installed it. It was a fairly large file as it took some time to download. A side question here is did I even need to update if I'm getting Auria Pro?

Another question for this post (maybe I should post these questions separately?), are we better off paying the $39.99 price for the upgrade, or would it be less hassle to dump the original Auria and install the $49.99 new user price?
So far I believe I paid $25 for Auria and I've only spent $5 for a classicverb pro plugin, and I have no real projects started yet, so it wouldn't be much of a loss if it saved me some time to start over.
I love the audio recording and edit capabilities of Auria so far. I'll be glad to finally try (with promised patience) the midi implementation of the Pro version. Thanks for a great program.
Kudos,
Roger

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Roger,

I was talking about the settings page within Auria itself (open Auria, then tap on Menu, then tap on Settings). There's should be a version number listed on the lower right.

If you don't have a lot of in-app purchases, it's cleaner and easier to just purchase the Pro version, since you won't need to restore purchases from two versions if you ever need to re-install your copy.

Rim

rbriand

Post by rbriand » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:50 pm

thanks Rim,
I found it and it says version 2.01. Should I uninstall this version before getting Pro?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:22 am

In terms of your missing regions, have you tried reloading the "backup" snapshot? Whenever you load a snapshot, Auria automatically creates a backup snapshot, so you can revert back to the previous state.

It's not uncommon to loose regions when you load old snapshots, because often you are going back in time to a period before those regions were created.

As for upgrading to Pro, there's no need to delete anything.

Rim

rbriand

Post by rbriand » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello Rim,

Please excuse my confusion. Was this reply for me? It was just below my last query. It seems like you're addressing someone else.
I'm the guy who asked if it was better/easier to buy the new Auria Pro than trying to shuffle the bought plugin
(I only got the ClassicVerbPro for $10). My question was: should I uninstall the Auria app before I install the Auria Pro.
Thanks for the great support!
Rim wrote:In terms of your missing regions, have you tried reloading the "backup" snapshot? Whenever you load a snapshot, Auria automatically creates a backup snapshot, so you can revert back to the previous state.

It's not uncommon to loose regions when you load old snapshots, because often you are going back in time to a period before those regions were created.

As for upgrading to Pro, there's no need to delete anything.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Sorry for the confusion. It's usually more straightforward to purchase Pro instead of doing the upgrade, but it's really up to you.

Rim

rbriand

Post by rbriand » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Rim wrote:Sorry for the confusion. It's usually more straightforward to purchase Pro instead of doing the upgrade, but it's really up to you.

Rim

Yes, I understand, but my question has to do with whether it matters if I UNinstall Auria before I install Auria Pro.
Thanks again,
Roger

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:21 pm

It makes no difference, as they are completely separate apps. You can have both installed side by side if you prefer.

RIm

Edouardpapazian
Expert

Post by Edouardpapazian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 pm

You are right...
My version was the 2.00
(I wanted to finish my song before to update Auria)

Also I have a Suggestion and I need a help for something...

1)
When you use a lot of plugins and depending of which one you use, Auria can have trouble to open a Song...
(Most of the time I know which songs makes trouble at the launch...)
Unfortunately when you launch Auria, you can not choose the Song... Always The Last long loaded....
I think that it will be great to have a pop-up at the Auria launch...

Open last song or choose another one...

Also. I use Auria for my live performance...
I have a 12 step pedal board and a Blueboard...
(My dream, be able to control the Mute button of a track via midi...)
To do this I wanted to use MiMiX (because it comes with the midi learn feature..)

I tried to send my Rec Ready track on a sub
Then in Audiobus, Auria as a input and MiMiX in the output slot...
It doesn't work...

I tried also to add MiMiX as a plugins in the sub, on the track also...
It doesn't works...

How can I send my sub in MiMiX with a multi routing...

Or another solution....

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. There is a function already in Auria called "Load Recent". It is an easy way to choose the last 5 projects.

2. MIDI learn is something I would like to do eventually. It's on my list ;)

Auria Pro has a Direct Outs feature. You can assign a track directly to an output on the audio interface...

Rim

Edouardpapazian
Expert

Post by Edouardpapazian » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:11 am

Hi Rim,
Yes, I know the load recent project...
But My trouble is that sometime I work on a very "heavy" project...
After working, I quit Auria because I forgot to load a light project...
So, when I re launch Auria...
The project can not be loaded...

I will try to explain better...

In the Aux I always have AudioReverb and Aufx space...
And the track 1 micswapro...
And the track 2 Timeless 2

This setup is my light setup...
And I'm sure that Auria will be able to start...

But I have also a lot of project with more plugins...
Exemple Loopy on the track 3
Chrystaline on the 4
Thumbjam on 5
Midimorphosis on 6..

This project as all the bigger one can not be load when I launch Auria
They can be load after that I have loaded my light project.... (I don't know why)
So if I finish my set with a heavy project, sure that it will be impossible 'to launch Auria...
My trouble is that most of the time I lose my insert...

My best

Edouardpapazian
Expert

Post by Edouardpapazian » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14 am

Also it is strange bur the 2 mic modeling Apps (micswapro & mic room) are shown twice in the inter app plugins list...
(No Midi for this App..)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:36 am

wow,that's a lot of IAA stuff going on at once.I would never do that by myself because IAA is so unreliable and causing more trouble as necessary (one reason i love Auria so much is the ability to have everything (saved) in ONE app although that could mean to buy some of Aurias - fantastic - iAPs).I rarerly use more than one IAA at once and most of the time i'll mixdown the IAA signal and remove it from auria and the task bar again before i close projects.After some time i still couldn't recognize what IAA i used in what project...

Probably some IAA's are still staying in the background after switching between projects?do you know that IAAs are"invisible" (i.e.if you open a project that contains IAA) until you open their panel at least once?Otherwise you can identifiy such an invisible app only (since ios 8.3 at least) if you check the Midi port connections and that only works if such an app HAS midi...And if they stay like this in the background they most probably cause trouble if you load other projects that contains the same IAAs.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX