AudioPaste not working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drock
Expert

AudioPaste not working

Post by drock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:35 pm

On the iPad Pro with iOS 9.2 and Auria Pro 2.02, 96K projects, audio paste is not working.

I purchased the "AudioShare" app today to copy an m4a file from my email (which originated from GarageBand) and then used Aurias Share- 'import from AudioShare' option which then takes me over the AudioShare app where it shows a blue button saying "Import into app. Auria" yet it just simply take me back to Auria and it does nothing. No response, nothing.
So then I use the option of Share- AudioPaste and it brings up a dialog box saying "Affiliate code unset. Please set your affiliate code! See http://retronyms.com/audiocopy/dev for details". (I then tap 'ok') Then if I hit the play button on the 'AudioPaste from pasteboard' it just plays distorted static. If I then actually tap the 'AudioPaste from pasteboard' it just goes away and no audio is pasted. It just flashes a really quick import box but goes away immediately.

So when I used the 'import audio' and then use Dropbox location, I go to import that m4a, it runs through its normal import process but then again, nothing gets actually imported. It changes the name of the track though no audio there at all.

Not sure what to do here. Thanks for the help.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioPaste not working

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 am

The AudioCopy "Affiliate Code" issue is something that's been fixed in the upcoming Auria update, 2.03.

For any of the other functions to work, you need to first tap on the track you want to paste in to select it (you tap on the track header on the left of the track, so it has a blue outline). Next, you need to move your time cursor to the place in time you want to paste.

Remember, that AudioCopy/Paste and AudioShare are only used for audio tracks, so make sure you're not selecting a MIDI track to paste in.

Rim

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:24 am

I think the issue is the m4a format. If you use audioshare to convert it into a wav it will import ok.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 pm

Thanks Rim, and yeah these are audio (m4a) tracks, I don't deal with midi at all. Yup, that's the exact steps I take to paste it in. I've been using audio copy/paste for a while now (ever since Auria came out) and it works great on my iPad 4 running 6.1.3 and an old copy of Auria. But still, it doesn't work like it should or like it use to in Auria Pro on 9.2

Thanks thinds, this actually completely works. I convert the m4a's into wav's using AudioShare and then AudioPaste works great. Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:32 pm

AudioCopy changed a lot of things in their new SDK, so it's quite possible something's not quite working yet.

Rim