FX settings bug...

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

levispeights
Expert

FX settings bug...

Post by levispeights » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Hey Rim,
I think I have found a bug. I have a project that I've been working on for a couple weeks now. At the beginning of my project I mixed my drum tracks and then froze them. Depending on the drum track, I am using a combination of the PSP channel strip and/or two or three fab filter plug-ins. Today, I went back and unfroze my drum tracks because I wanted to copy the settings (save presets) for another song/project where the drums were recorded during the same recording session. However, as soon as I unfreeze a track, all the plug-ins are set back to the default setting. And, I cannot view the settings of the plugins with the track frozen so I'm going to have to re-mix my drums from scratch. Agh! Am I doing something wrong? Or did Aaria somehow lose the information for the plug in settings after I froze them? Any help would be appreciated.
Levi

Rim
Site Admin

Re: FX settings bug...

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Levi,

Sounds like a bug, but I can't seem to duplicate this here. I just made a complicated project, with lots of plugins, and had no issues freezing and unfreezing tracks. All the plugins came back fine after unfreezing. If this is a bug, hopefully someone will find a way to reliably duplicate it, so I can figure out what causes it.

Rim

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Would it help if I sent you the project?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:58 am

Can you make it happen again in that project? If not, it wouldn't be very useful to me.

Rim

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:21 am

I sure can. Before I started unfreezing tracks, I saved a backup copy of this project to dropbox. I have tried reloading the 'original' project from dropbox several times, and the bug is repeatable every time.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Perfect! Yes, please send me the project via dropbox to rim@drumagog.com. This will really help.

Thanks,
RIm

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Ok! Project sent. Please let me know if you find anything out. Thanks! Also, thank you so much for Auria Pro. It is a FANTASTIC piece of software.

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Any updates on this?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:45 pm

It seemed that this project was corrupted. I can't seem to duplicate this issue with any new projects. If you come up with a way to make this happen reliably, please let me know.

Rim

CatchTheCrackle

Post by CatchTheCrackle » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:30 am

Rim wrote:It seemed that this project was corrupted. I can't seem to duplicate this issue with any new projects. If you come up with a way to make this happen reliably, please let me know.

Rim
I have the same problem. After unfreezing vocal track, all parameters of fab filter Eq was set to default. There was only one fab filter eq-2 on this track. I saw it after reboting my iPad and after installing new version of iOS 9.3. Maybe this information will be helpful for you.
Regards, Alex.

csaba369

Post by csaba369 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:05 am

C-minus
Expert

Post by C-minus » Sat May 21, 2016 11:22 am

Yes, yes, yes, this is mind-numbingly annoying. When I unfreeze the track, BOOM, back to default. It will still say the name of my named preset. Personally don't have time to send projects or whatnot, but know that it's repeatable and has been going on since the beginning. Lots of time wasted because of this. I can understand if the saved preset is no longer in Auria (i.e., reloading an old project where that preset doesn't exist anymore) but the settings should remain, and allow me to save/name it again. This is NOT the case. Wish this could be fixed. :(
I LOVE Auria, the good definitely outweighs the bad, but this is really frustrating.
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 22, 2016 8:41 am

Does this only happen with fabfilter plugins? If so, it would seem to be a fabfilter issue, as they use their own preset system. Auria uses a different preset system (the preset pull-down box at the top of the plugin).

Rim

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Sun May 22, 2016 9:11 am

Rim wrote:Does this only happen with fabfilter plugins? If so, it would seem to be a fabfilter issue, as they use their own preset system. Auria uses a different preset system (the preset pull-down box at the top of the plugin).

Rim
No. It happens with Fabfilter, PSP, drumagog, etc...