“Glitching” on Sundays...

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mesniu
Expert

“Glitching” on Sundays...

Post by mesniu » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:58 pm

Seeing an odd glitch issue I haven’t experienced in five years of recording on Auria. Here’s the technical setup - glitch details after...

Using v2.250 on a new Air 3 10” 256GB (iOS 13.6)
Interface: Behringer FCA1616 + ADA8200 via CCK

Recording details (for this group) - five vocal tracks and 1-3 instrument tracks, live set recording

Glitch details: On two separate occasions in the last month, we went to an outdoor stage to record sets (with no audience) for streaming on YouTube later. This was done over two weekends. On both occasions, the Saturday sessions were fine and all recorded just fine, no issues. Both of the Sunday sessions resulted in various glitch “spikes across all the tracks. In some cases there was a loss of “time” (it ‘skipped ahead’/didn’t record for a few seconds), and in other sessions the recording was “mute” across all tracks for the rest of the take.

I’ve attached screen shots from the sessions showing the glitches. I don’t know if anyone has had a similar issue or if this is a thing that just “happens.” This is the first time I’ve used this iPad to record. I also usually record my other band and not this one. The only possible external issue I can think of that may have caused this is that this was an outdoor setting, it was hot both weekends, and we left the equipment locked in the sound booth on site Saturday night with no air conditioning. I did take the iPad home. Perhaps the interface hardware was overheating on the second day each weekend.

But in case it was something others had dealt with, I thought I’d throw it out there.
53BAAEDA-B81F-4D14-9422-62C055F7289C.png
9E995D0E-4500-449B-B4D1-1E7939BB87B2.png

Rim
Site Admin

Re: “Glitching” on Sundays...

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 am

Can you try this again using a 48Khz sample rate? The newer iPads (which have a USB-C connector) have some issues with 44.1 sample rates.

Rim