Dropbox crash

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bytebrain

Dropbox crash

Post by Bytebrain » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:03 am

Hi.
I'm having huge issues with Auria loading files from Dropbox.

When trying to load a file or a project from Dropbox, Auria either crashes or, on some occasions only show a fraction of the files that are actually there.

This happened on my friends iPad running Auria Pro a couple of weeks ago, and is now happening for me.

We thought we solved the problem by re-installing Auria Pro on my friends iPad, which was a pain in the butt, as we couldn't make backups of the many projects on his iPad via Dropbox.

Now, we're having the same issue, only now it's both of us.
We're both running Auria Pro and using the same paid Dropbox account.

Since we're both having this issue, I'm amazed no one else have posted about the same issue...

We really need help with this! I have multiple projects on my iPad, and can't make backups to DropBox, can't load projects that me and my friend are working on, and really don't want to delete and reinstall Auria every other week, and loosing hour long projects in the process..

Please help.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Dropbox crash

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:30 am

FWIW, I’d recommend not using the built in Dropbox stuff and move things in and out of your Dropbox folder using the Files app. It is also much faster as the Dropbox API is pretty ancient — from a time when there was no access to the file system.

Bytebrain

Post by Bytebrain » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi..thank you for your reply, it doesn't look like there's much support on this site anymore..

Though I can't see how this help things much, as there's no way I can see to load projects in Auria from iCloud or the Files Folder...

Also, I tried saving to "Other Apps" -> "Save to Files", and it does save the project, but it's in "zip" format, and stuck on my iPad... How to share with my collaborator?

On top of that, there's no way to mix down to Files Folder.

Dropbox have worked just fine in Auria for years, and I've only been having this issue recently. But it's pretty serious, as there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:25 am

That zip folder contains the project.

When you unzip it, you will have the folder that is the project. Just move that into Auria Pro's folder.

The process is also MUCH faster than the built- in Dropbox routines by a factor of anywhere from 2 to 10.

What I do, to get the project off my iPad: use 'Save to Other App' and save the project to Dropbox or iCloud.

To get it back on my iPad, I copy the zip using Files from Dropbox or iCloud into AudioShare or Documents by Readdle, unzip, move the folder into Auria Pro's folder.

It is more steps than the built-in Dropbox stuff but much faster.