Positive Grid’s X Drummer IAA Crashes Auria

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

C Holdz
Expert

Positive Grid’s X Drummer IAA Crashes Auria

Post by C Holdz » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 am

Hey

I am attempting to convert into an OS X/iOS exclusive user and I am using an iPad Pro 10.5”
It seems Auria Pro is perhaps the best DAW in terms of iOS compatibility and stability (although Cubasis 3 is catching up now)

My issue is X Drummer is supposed to have IAA compatibility but it crashes almost anytime I try to load the plug in
What is strange is if I don’t load the X drummer app, but i send the routing to the IAA in Auria’s drop down menu in the track info, it will play flawlessly - I just have to make sure the last preset in X drummer is what I want to hear in playback

Does anyone use X drummer and Auria Pro?( Do you have the same issues with Cubasis 3?)

If this keeps crashing, I am going to have to go with Drumperfect pro or Drum Session, but I havent given up yet.

THanks! And happy holidays !

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Positive Grid’s X Drummer IAA Crashes Auria

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:36 am

C Holdz wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 am
Hey

I am attempting to convert into an OS X/iOS exclusive user and I am using an iPad Pro 10.5”
It seems Auria Pro is perhaps the best DAW in terms of iOS compatibility and stability (although Cubasis 3 is catching up now)

My issue is X Drummer is supposed to have IAA compatibility but it crashes almost anytime I try to load the plug in
What is strange is if I don’t load the X drummer app, but i send the routing to the IAA in Auria’s drop down menu in the track info, it will play flawlessly - I just have to make sure the last preset in X drummer is what I want to hear in playback

Does anyone use X drummer and Auria Pro?( Do you have the same issues with Cubasis 3?)

If this keeps crashing, I am going to have to go with Drumperfect pro or Drum Session, but I havent given up yet.

THanks! And happy holidays !
There is no X Drummer plugin -- it is only IAA as far as I know. Whereever you see abilities to choose X Drummer in Auria, you are connected to it as IAA. Generally, I find that IAA apps are best launched before trying to access them from Auria or any other host. Host launching of IAA apps seems to have become somewhat unreliable in the OS.

C Holdz
Expert

Post by C Holdz » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:07 pm

Hey man

Thx for the reply

Ok, I understand you. I will do just that and see how it stabilizes

While I’m at it, what do you think of Drum session by blue mangoo ? How does it stack to X drummer? Is it more stable?

Thank you

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:21 pm

C Holdz wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:07 pm
Hey man

Thx for the reply

Ok, I understand you. I will do just that and see how it stabilizes

While I’m at it, what do you think of Drum session by blue mangoo ? How does it stack to X drummer? Is it more stable?

Thank you
So much is a matter of taste, but I did not like X Drummer...either the kits or the grooves. Drum Session has a bigger library of grooves..,but it is more work to dig through the. It has velocity sensitive drum pads which is nice. The kits all have some baked in reverb but are pretty good sounding.

C Holdz
Expert

Post by C Holdz » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:10 am

Thanks man, you’ve been very helpful