Next update

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Next update

Post by Trueyorky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 am

Hi Rim
Any idea when you will be submitting the next Auria update to Apple? I am fed up of seeing the false crash warning at startup.

Geronimo
Expert

Re: Next update

Post by Geronimo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:39 am

Yeah, i'm interested as well, but mainly because i can't wait for the display options *smile* But i guess for that i'll have to wait a little longer...

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am

_Please_ fix the bug where the graphics/time/cursor is not in sync with the audio (or the built in metronome) before submitting the new update. I know the bug info thread mentions something about it, but that involves something about the loop mode which this doesn't (well not only). It affects the editing window gfx etc when using bars/beats mode.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:14 pm

ChrisG wrote:_Please_ fix the bug where the graphics/time/cursor is not in sync with the audio (or the built in metronome) before submitting the new update. I know the bug info thread mentions something about it, but that involves something about the loop mode which this doesn't (well not only). It affects the editing window gfx etc when using bars/beats mode.
I noticed the same problem as I use principally the bars/beats mode.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:26 am

Hi guys, the next update is almost done (as you can see, there are only a few things left to be fixed). I'm hoping to get it submitted by the end of next week.

As far as the bug with the timeline getting out of sync, I haven't looked at that yet, but it's on the list for this update. I wasn't aware that it happened without using loop mode. Can you explain how this happens in more detail? It'll help me fix it faster. A step by step example that's repeatable would really help.

Thanks,
Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:03 am

In my case I start a new project @ 44.1. Import a few stereo wav files @ 16 bit 44.1 kHz (exported from Cubase) from dropbox. And maybe some from another iOS synth. Change the time format to bars/beats. Adjust tempo under settings to match the audio. Duplicate the imported audio files on each track a few times maybe. And that's all really. It does seem get worse if the snap to is set to beats rather then 1/8 1/16 and so on. Jumping back and forth in the project with the cursor will have the cursor, gfx and time display go way of timing. The internal Auria metronome follows the audio tho and not the time display/gfx. Holding the cursor a while before resuming might fix it until next time you change cursor position.

Edit: Amount of zoom might affect it to it seems (but the time display is still also way of so it's not only the gfx/edit window).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:41 am

OK, thanks. It seems that this is an unrelated bug. I'll add this one as a new bug. Not sure if it'll make it into 1.03. It sounds like this one might take some time to hunt down and fix. I will try, though!

Thanks,
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 am

Rim wrote:OK, thanks. It seems that this is an unrelated bug. I'll add this one as a new bug. Not sure if it'll make it into 1.03. It sounds like this one might take some time to hunt down and fix. I will try, though!

Thanks,
Rim
This is the same bug that I was talking about in the initial play head sync bug report, just a better description than the one I gave. If it could be looked at for the next update it would be good, it happens on every project I've made recently (about 10) and is makes editing pretty difficult.

The one thing all the projects have in common is they use beats/bars and not mins/sec. Loop mode makes no difference. The projects have between 5-8 of both stereo and mono tracks. I also compose some of the tracks in other apps and then use audio/copy to paste them into Auria and then record bass and guitar into the project.

[edit] after some experimentation I could not get the play head to go out of sync when in mins/secs mode with any of the projects.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am

Rim wrote:OK, thanks. It seems that this is an unrelated bug. I'll add this one as a new bug. Not sure if it'll make it into 1.03. It sounds like this one might take some time to hunt down and fix. I will try, though!

Thanks,
Rim
Thanks, that would be great! Or release an interim/hot update release after this one. Having the visuals and audio being out of sync kinda screws your brain up. :/

sixonecynic

Post by sixonecynic » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Rim,

There's a bit of a bug regarding mono tracks panning to the left side of my headphones when I start a new track.

Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?

Michel~

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Michel,

I don't know of any bug that causes this to happen. Can you give me an example I could duplicate here?

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm

OK, I just spent an hour trying to duplicate the issue with bars and beats getting out of sync, and I can't seem to get it to happen. I loaded a project at 4:4 with a 130 bpm tempo as a test. I pressed play, and while playing, I jumped around all over the place with the time cursor, zoomed in and out at various levels, and all was fine.

Does this only happen at certain time signatures or tempos? I could use some more help getting this to happen predictably.

Thanks,
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:37 pm

ok a project where it definitely goes out of sync has:

-8 tracks 5 stereo 3 mono.
-4/4 170 bpm
-2 frozen tracks
-pro on most of the tracks
-classic verb on aux 1 and the convulsion reverb on aux 2 (anonymhall setting)
-3 of the tracks are drum tracks making it easy to see when something is out
-each track has 'a bunch' of regions on them, not massive numbers of regions but not just one long region either.
-the snap is set to 'beats'
-zoom was at 93%
-89 bars in the song
-latency 4096 (i also tried 512 which also lost sync)
-playback meter post fader.
-aux delay compensation ON
-all other settings are default
-44.1 session, built in sound.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:05 pm

another project that goes out of sync. 120 bpm. 4/4. fx=THM. aux classic reverb + convulsion reverb

Image of project:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:06 pm

OK, got it. I didn't have snap set. I thought only the time format had to be set to bars&beats. I have duplicated the problem now.

Thanks for the help.

Rim