? AVID Fast Track Duo, Focusrite 2i4 or Roland capture EX??

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Zippydog
Expert

? AVID Fast Track Duo, Focusrite 2i4 or Roland capture EX??

Post by Zippydog » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:17 am

I am new to Auria and am wildly impressed! This is my first experience with digital recording and the thought that I can do it on my iPad 3 is incredible.

I have not yet bought a digital interface, because I cannot decide between the three listed in the thread title. AVID and Roland are both listed as known to work with Auria. Focusrite 2i4 is not listed but many other models are. First question is will the 2i4 work? From what I can find...I think so(??).

I wish to record direct off my Yamaha Motif 8 with some vocals as well...maybe guitar. Sound quality and quiet, easy operation are my primary goals.

AVID Set up looks slick and easy with 32 pin input on back panel, but I wonder about buying audio equipment from a software manufacturer and how good it might sound. Lacks MIDI. Roland looks pretty solid and straightforward, includes MIDI, Seems to have excellent preamps and offers multiple power options including AC. Focusrite (assuming it will work with ios and Auria) offers excellent preamps, MIDI and more outputs, but requires USB power. Unlike the other two, this one offers 24/96.

Opinions, suggestions or recommendations PLEASE?

Looking to buy in the next week.

Thank you!

Zippydog
Expert

Re: ? AVID Fast Track Duo, Focusrite 2i4 or Roland capture E

Post by Zippydog » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Anybody?

Would at least appreciate a POV on weather the Focusrite 2i4 works with Auria and/or iOs. If not, I'm likely to just run with the Roland.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or alternate suggestions!

Cheers!

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Re: ? AVID Fast Track Duo, Focusrite 2i4 or Roland capture E

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:43 pm

All of our Scarlett Interfaces are Class Compliant for use with iPads and Auria, including 2i4.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Katherine Kaplan // Focusrite Technical Support

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/