Ipad air, apogee one IOS, Maestro and Auria and funbox

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rocdok
Expert

Ipad air, apogee one IOS, Maestro and Auria and funbox

Post by rocdok » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:01 pm

I had difficulty with ipad 3 with apogee one IOS and after lots of experimenting it was a simple case of the CPU. Overloud thm would not work in real time at all. The ipad Air is far better in many ways. However, apart from realizing the CPU is not endless ( discussed in other thread) I have had trouble with Maestro and getting the apogee running. I have the lightening connector that came with the apogee AND the 30 pin with an aftermarket lightning apple connector. I used the apple connector first and when I opened Maestro, and pushed on the apogee one icon that pops up, it depressed slightly and turned a duller shade of purple but then nothing happened. I did all the usuals including rebooting, app reinstall etc and somewhere along the way it just worked unrelated (seemingly) to anything I did. I tested out and recorded etc and was very happy. Few days later same thing happened with Maestro and I tried the lightning connector that came with the apogee and had myself convinced that the ipad air 'didn't like the 30 pin with lightning connector. I tested out overloud which worked for the first time since getting it as ipad 3 was no good with thm. So today I am mixing and notice that my upload from funbox is missing 2 vocal parts - ?? Never happened before and they were locked to boot. Instead of reloading I tried to re- record the parts. Maestro is not working again. I try both cords. I try rebooting reinstalling etc. I think is the song corrupt from the fun box upload. I start a new project and cannot get record to work with apogee one mic on the new project either. I hook my old ipad 3 to same project and record suddenly works. Then I see a software IOS update banner. It's just a security update. I update and reboot and now it's all working on the air again.
Regardless, Maestro seems to be very finicky. Maybe it's Murphy's law but I seem to be troubleshooting more than recording and mixing. I'm not looking for answers but want to detail this in case others may have similar experiences.
Thx.

rocdok
Expert

Re: Ipad air, apogee one IOS, Maestro and Auria and funbox

Post by rocdok » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Ps I don' t know if having airplane mode off allowed the IOS update banner to somehow interfere but I certainly didn't have any issues before with airplane mode off that I know of.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 pm

unplugging the lightning cable while the Maestro app is running, and plugging it again solved all issues with my Duet 2. It's not ideal, but as long as it works ... Don't know if that is of any use for you.

rocdok
Expert

Post by rocdok » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks, no it didn't work, but I just figured out on numerous tests that simply disconnecting the apogee power before starting the Maestro OR just unplugging the apogee and replugging while Maestro is open works. Does anyone else note that If headphones are plugged into apogee that the meter lites on the apogee hit full red for several seconds upon startup with ear piercing distortion in the headphones even with all the volumes on Maestro down? I know I can mute the volume but it just seems wrong. Made me feel it was defective in the beginning but it all works other than the Maestro finicky bit. There wasn't this issue with having to unplug on my ipad 3.