Focusrite ITrack Solo...bitrate recording

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kynan

Focusrite ITrack Solo...bitrate recording

Post by Kynan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:27 pm

I know this has 24 bit converters and Auria is a native 24 bit programs, but are you getting a true 24 bit conversion from this unit into Auria? It sounds funny I know, but I've read conflicting things on this. One article stated that Itrack solo played back at 24 bit, but was limited to 16 bit recordings on the iPad.
Thanks.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct12/a ... s-1012.htm

Apc3

Re: Focusrite ITrack Solo...bitrate recording

Post by Apc3 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm not sure about the older iTrack solo mentioned in the link you provided, as it requires an adapter, but my iTrack solo lightning records true 24 bit. This may or may not have to do with the Lightning connector, but if you buy the latest "lightning" model, you should be fine and it works perfect for me in 24/48khz. While I could record at 24/96khz, I find that the higher sample rate is unnecessary since it will be dithered down anyways th 16/44.1 for CD. The 24bit headroom is essential in my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree, but I personally have had better experience dithering with 48khz for music, DVD's and video are another story.