Launch control xl hui not working

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

c0wfunk
Expert

Re: Launch control xl hui not working

Post by c0wfunk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:06 am

You might want to look into iConnectivty devices as work around for using Launch Control XL or other controllers, you'll be surprised on what "handshakes" you can make.
I do have the imidi4 actually but am also using the focusrite itrack dock which doesn't work with the imidi4. In my full setup, I am using a usb midi adapter from the itrack. I originally was testing this outside of the dock but in the end I don't use that setup very often right now. Eventually I may move to a different usb sound interface and I'll see again about getting this all to work..

It does look like people have been using the BCF-2000 with Auria? I used to have the BCR-2000 and liked it so I'm intrigued by this possibility at a fairly low price point. Do the motorized faders work etc with auria?

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm

new development, I sent the information from Anthony's tests to Novation and they responded:

"I am going to try to create a workaround for you after discussing this with another one of my fellow techs here. I may have a workable solution for you using the LCXL MIDI editor. I will be getting back to you shortly. "

I'll post here when I hear more.

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:07 pm

I have an email back from their tech support saying this:
I have contacted Auria. The only way I can program the device accordingly is if I get a hold of the applications' HUI script - which I am waiting for. Do you have this maybe by chance? Did they send this to you?
Is this something that is available?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:06 am

@cowfunk....Well my friend you can now use you Novation Launch Control XL. The new update has fixed the problem. Now in your midi settings you will see both Launchcontrol xl and Launchcontrol HUI, choose HUI and your in/ Fader and pan works great and so does channel advance and back. Cheers and enjoy. See Rim really listens to his users.

chisel316

Post by chisel316 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:49 pm

I upgraded to the latest LCXL firmware, but don't see a Launch Control HUI entry in the Auria Pro MIDI settings. I just see the original name. Has anyone got this working?

Thanks,
chisel316

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Finally getting back to this and I don’t see launch control hui in my remote protocols either.what am I missing?