Itrack Dock with 2017 Ipad ... Focusrite not interested

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ReverendStretch

Itrack Dock with 2017 Ipad ... Focusrite not interested

Post by ReverendStretch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:24 am

Hi folks

I'm one of the unfortunates that is having issues with my new ITrack Dock and Auria .... Having scoured the boards it seems this is a known issue with the 2017 release Ipad 9.7

The last updates I can find on the threads are from Corey in 2017 confirming that both Auria and Focusrite are aware of this issue. This is the response I have received from Focusrite .... as musician rather than a sound engineer some of the terminology isn't familiar to me, however, it seems they arent interested in a resolution despite having clear knowledge of compatibility issues with the ITrack Dock.

My question is, am I just wasting time with my Itrack (or similar Focusrite interfaces) if I want to use Auria? It's looking like Ineed to ditch it and find an interface that will cut the mustard.

"Hello John‍,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us today.

We're happy to contribute and share what we can to help initially with getting things set up at first through pointing out a few details we feel may be helpful and courteous when and where we can. As it turns out however in this case, Auria is an application developed for inner-application routing with no mention of external sound card support intended as per its support pages. This does not mean it will not work at all, it simply means based on the resources we have found Auria's design serves an entirely different purpose. Though Tape is an application developed for use with the hardware, it was not designed nor tested for use with other applications like Auria so we cannot guarantee efficiency this way.

AURIA SUPPORT
http://auriaapp.com/Products/auria

The questions you're asking regarding issues with Auria and hardware support for external sound cards are those the developer will be happy to help you out with. In this case we're not going to be the best resource for you. We recommend contacting Auria directly if you have any further questions regarding use of their product with respect to hardware interfaces like the iTrack Dock. We did not fully test this application as it was not the intention of our development and engineering's goal to release the iTrack for use with directly. We have tested Auria with our iOS applications such as Launchpad, Groovebox and Blocs Wave which work quite flawlessly though this is a completely separate scenario altogether.

Hope that provided some insight concerning the issues you are having. "

Corey W
Expert

Re: Itrack Dock with 2017 Ipad ... Focusrite not interested

Post by Corey W » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:13 am

Well they are right. All USB hardware interfaces work directly with the iPad hardware and iOS. 3rd party applications like Auria or Garageband are just an intermediary application to pass audio in, out and around the operating system and hardware device.
However, I contacted Focusrite with very clear, step by step instructions on how to reproduce the errors users were getting with the 2017 iPads and iTrack series interfaces. These issues were never occurring with other manufacturer's interfaces or even Focusrites interfaces outside of the iTrack series.
Their response was simply that were not interested in pursuing the issues I found. They were able to confirm and duplicate the results on their end with the instructions I provided but they would take no steps to look any further or find any sort of resolution.
Your best bet is to just get any other interface outside of the iTrack series.

ReverendStretch

Post by ReverendStretch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks Cory

So I have an issue here .... which I have noted to Focusrite and will now raise here.

If both Auria and Focusrite are aware of this compatibility issue, yet neither are making consumers aware when considering a purchase, what is to people such as myself losing money having made a purchase in good faith? I see no mention of these compatibility issues on wither Focusrite or WaveMachine's websites?

BTW have you identified the same issues with Auria Pro?

Cheers

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:34 pm

We have actually made prospective consumers aware of the issue by making a note on the Compatible Interface list.
ScreenXShotX2018-10-17XatX1.28.57XPM.png
I'm pretty sure this was posted on our FB page a while back and has also been talked about on the AudioBus Forums as well as the iOS Musicians FaceBook group.

You have the option to possibly return your iTrack Dock (if purchased new from a retailer) or request a refund for Auria Pro through iTunes Customer Support.

The issues here were to a very specific layout of hardware and Focusrite had the information to dive deeper and see exactly what was happening, report the information to us and Rim could have fixed the problem. They chose not to do this and it is very sad considering the entire iTrack series of interfaces were designed to work with iOS. Every other iPad besides for the 2017 (non-Pro) model works just fine with Auria Pro and the iTrack series.
I don't know why Focusrite chose to blow this problem off and for that I will apologize to you for their carelessness.

ReverendStretch

Post by ReverendStretch » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am

Hi Corey, many thanks for your response.

Focusrite have now been back in touch r this issue and have taken my Ipad details with a view to looking into the mater further.

I have attempted to request a refund via Apple for my purchase of Auria, however I am being advised it is no applicable for a refund and that I should contact Wavelabs directly.

Can you advise please?

JOhn

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm

John,
Apple would not and definitely should not tell you to come directly to us (or any iOS developer) for a refund. Apple handles all of the financials for purchases made in the Apple Apple Store. If you are being told this by someone in iTunes Customer Support then they are providing you with bad information and you should ask to speak with their superior.

NoiseHorse
Expert

Post by NoiseHorse » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:51 am

Hey any updates for 2019? My old Air2 has always worked fine, but it’s before 2017. Planning on getting the 2019 Air2,3..? Has anybody tried it with the 2019 models?