Fireface UFX multi route problem

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

NightHock

Fireface UFX multi route problem

Post by NightHock » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello, I have been using my iPad Pro with my Fireface UFX with great results.. I got a new piece of outboard gear so I wanted to use direct outs. I switched multi route on in the settings menu and reset everything like Auria asked me to. When I restart Auria Pro I see all the direct outputs available, great! Unfortunately when I go to the inputs they are all gone except #1 which responds to the sound of the the iPad microphone. I have restarted everything multiple times and tried different cables and connecting directly without a hub. Any ideas how to see all the inputs and outputs?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Fireface UFX multi route problem

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 am

There is no need to set AuriaPro to multiroute in order use your hardwares in and out’s. Just set it to Standard and it will work fine. If you need more help on multirouting let me know. Cheers.

NightHock

Post by NightHock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:43 am

Thank you Anthony... I tried that and when I set it to “Standard,” I see all the inputs but only 2 outputs. When I use multiroute, I see all the direct outputs but no inputs.. weird! Any other things I should try? Too many workarounds on iPad still ...

NightHock

Post by NightHock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Update-I tried a third usb cable, a short one, and all the channels now appear in Auria ! Didn’t think that could be the case but I guess it was! Weird but I’m glad I got it working. USB cable length and quality do matter!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:34 pm

Yep many times its not the software and good on you for troubleshooting further and discovering the problem. Yes USB cable length does matter in digital transfer cables including USB. Less than 31” is the recmmended length for digital audio. Cheers.