Focusrite Control Software and Auria Matrix

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

Focusrite Control Software and Auria Matrix

Post by indratgj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 pm

I just purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. So far no sound from Auria. I had some pre-recorded tracks and assumed that 18i20, straight out of the box, would play them at least through the Monitor Output channels 1&2. So far, no sound. I’ve ordered the Apple USB-3 CCK, so that should take of power, if that’s the problem.

In addition, upon further research on the Focusrite site, I think I’ve figured out that I need to install the Focusrite Control Software on my PC, hook the interface up to that, and configure the outputs using Focusrite Control.

Where I’m confused is, how does the Focusrite Control configuration interact with the output matrix in Auria? I want the monitor mix to go from Auria to interface outputs 1&2 (I plan to monitor through Auria, not the zero-latency direct input monitoring). These are hooked up to powered monitors, to hear playbacks in the room.

Next, I want to send outputs to a PreSonus headphone amp, to better control headphone mixes. So these assignments are:

A L/R mix of pre-recorded tracks to interface outputs 3&4
Drums/click track (also pre-recorded) summed to mono to interface output 5
“More me” sends of two separate instruments, recording live, to interface outputs 7 & 8.

Do I need to set up every one of these outputs as a “DAW”-monitored output in Focusrite Control, and then control the output channel assignment from the Auria Ouput Matrix as I’ve always done in the past. Or is Auria able to do this without the Focusrite Configuration step?

Thanks for any input.
Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Corey W
Expert

Re: Focusrite Control Software and Auria Matrix

Post by Corey W » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Travis,
You have to setup all of the outputs in the Focusrite software on your PC first and then save the settings to the 18i20. Once you do this, you can assign all your desired i/o in the Auria Input and Output Matrix to work properly. Focusrite is long overdue for an iOS based control app for its hardware.

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:13 am

Thanks Corey!

I'll began to get familiar with Focusrite Control last night and things are going well. Sounds like I just need to set up a few more outputs and I'll be good to go.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 am

Hi guys,
i'm looking to configure my 18i8 1st gen and i think the main concept are the same
Can you screenshot the configuration you set?
My problem is i cant hear anything from headphones output, i record and play correctly with auria.

Thanx for your support
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:22 am

I haven't opened the Scarlett software in sometime now. I will check into this today to see if I can get you some assistance.