Steinberg UR-RT4

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

LarryR

Steinberg UR-RT4

Post by LarryR » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:41 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have had experience using the Steinberg UR-RT4 as an audio interface with Auria and if so, does it work? The device isn’t on the list of interfaces that work with Auria but it is class compliant as fas as I can tell.
I’ve been recording with analog equipment for the past 25 years and have finally decided to try my hand at DAW recording for the sake of convenience and space, but I’m definitely a little overwhelmed with the amount of new stuff I have to learn. The UR-RT4 really speaks to me as a potential front end but I want to make sure it’ll work for recording to my iPad without too much fuss.

Thanks.

LarryR

Re: Steinberg UR-RT4

Post by LarryR » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:16 am

OK then, I just decided to buy one and check it out myself. Works great! I was surprised how easy it was to get set up and get recording.

spaivxx

Re: Steinberg UR-RT4

Post by spaivxx » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:43 pm

I think the UR-RT 4 is a fantastic unit. However, mine developed a weird glitch that Steinberg tech support could not figure out. I had been using it with both my iPad and a laptop, going back and forth. I had DSPMix installed on both devices. One day I decided to test the amp modeling in DSPMix, thinking if the sounds were useable it’d be a great alternative to breaking out the Helix every time I wanted to throw an idea down.

I ended up selling my laptop and noticed a few days later that even the iOS DSPMix indicated all FX off, the amp modeling was still present. I uninstalled the app, tried everything I could think of short of finding a PCTo install DSPMix on, but neither I nor several calls to Steinberg could resolve the issue.

Shame, it was a nice unit. Since then I’ve tested the Newest Audient and the Tascam Model 24. Sent both back for small, but deal breaking reasons. I am either going to get another UR-RT 4 or a Soundcraft MTK 22. Or both, they both have really useful features.