Presonus iTwo Not Working

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

JaxBassMaster

Presonus iTwo Not Working

Post by JaxBassMaster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Hey guys, I recently purchased Auria but I'm slow to get started using it with my iPad. It works fine with my iRig HD2, but I can't seem to put enough power to my Scarlett 2i4 to get it to work. I really don't want to carry a powered hub because I'm tethered to wall outlets and less portable.

I found an iTwo at a pawn shop recently and it's on the interface list as working without a powered hub. However, when I plugged it in, it's not detected. All the lights on the unit are on so it appears to have enough juice but Auria never switches from INT to USB.

Any thoughts?

Ralf
Expert

Re: Presonus iTwo Not Working

Post by Ralf » Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am

Hi,

AFAIR you don't need an active hub to bypass the iPad's USB current limitation. You could use a passive hub, too. Much likely the capacity of the iPad's battery renders fooling the current limitation more or less useless.
A long time ago I tested a PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL with an USB hub, that could be used as an active, as well as an passive hub.
However, I returned the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL and bought a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen instead. The Focusrite can be used without an USB hub.

Did you test different short USB 2.0 cables? For what reason ever, I once got rid of issues after removing a ferrite core from a very short USB cable.

Regards,
Ralf

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Presonus iTwo Not Working

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:35 pm

JaxBassMaster wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:18 pm
Hey guys, I recently purchased Auria but I'm slow to get started using it with my iPad. It works fine with my iRig HD2, but I can't seem to put enough power to my Scarlett 2i4 to get it to work. I really don't want to carry a powered hub because I'm tethered to wall outlets and less portable.

I found an iTwo at a pawn shop recently and it's on the interface list as working without a powered hub. However, when I plugged it in, it's not detected. All the lights on the unit are on so it appears to have enough juice but Auria never switches from INT to USB.

Any thoughts?
There is a lot variance from hub to hub. I tried many USB hubs with my Zoom before someone told me to try a Belkin mini-hub which works both powered and unpowered.