Apogee One and iPad Pro 2018 (USB-C)

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Stackfam

Apogee One and iPad Pro 2018 (USB-C)

Post by Stackfam » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:00 pm

Hey everybody,
I’ve been successfully using an Apogee One and Auria Pro for several years to record voiceovers. I’ve just upgraded to an iPad Pro 2018. This device does not recognize the Apogee One. Input only sees the built-in mic. I am using an original Apogee One breakout cable (USB B to USB A) into an Apple USB A to USB C dongle. With my other iPads, I used a Camera Connection kit - female USB A and Lightning to male Lightning. On Apogee’s website, they’ve posted that the basic functions are operational - partially compatible.

https://knowledgebase.apogeedigital.com ... sb-c-port/

They further state:
“We would very much like to update these devices to support the new iPad Pro USB-C and are working with Apple to do so.
As soon as Apple can provide us a path of compatibility with this device we are happy to update our unit to support it.
Please look out for an update when we are able to make this available.”

I’m not getting basic functionality, and am having to use my old iPad for recording. At least I know the problem isn’t with the breakout cable or the Apogee One.
Advice?
Thanks

Slopdrop

Re: Apogee One and iPad Pro 2018 (USB-C)

Post by Slopdrop » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 am

I just emailed Apogee support to find out if they are still working on a firmware update for the Quartet. I only discovered yesterday that it does not charge my 2018 11” iPad Pro. Hopefully an update is still possible...

MikeSparrow
Expert

Re: Apogee One and iPad Pro 2018 (USB-C)

Post by MikeSparrow » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:57 am

Stackfam wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:00 pm
Hey everybody,
I’ve been successfully using an Apogee One and Auria Pro for several years to record voiceovers. I’ve just upgraded to an iPad Pro 2018. This device does not recognize the Apogee One. Input only sees the built-in mic. I am using an original Apogee One breakout cable (USB B to USB A) into an Apple USB A to USB C dongle. With my other iPads, I used a Camera Connection kit - female USB A and Lightning to male Lightning. On Apogee’s website, they’ve posted that the basic functions are operational - partially compatible.

https://knowledgebase.apogeedigital.com ... sb-c-port/

They further state:
“We would very much like to update these devices to support the new iPad Pro USB-C and are working with Apple to do so.
As soon as Apple can provide us a path of compatibility with this device we are happy to update our unit to support it.
Please look out for an update when we are able to make this available.”

I’m not getting basic functionality, and am having to use my old iPad for recording. At least I know the problem isn’t with the breakout cable or the Apogee One.
Advice?
Thanks
I was really disappointed to also discover Apogee One isn't compatible with 2018 iPad Pro.....its simply a joke....apple website says it is compatible but it is not compatible enough to make it useable...I sold mine and purchased apogee jam+ instead.