Live audio multitrack with Midas M32 providing the audio

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

THX1136
Expert

Live audio multitrack with Midas M32 providing the audio

Post by THX1136 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:27 pm

Did a search and could not find anything on this. First background: On a yearly basis I record presentations and live music with Auria. The house board has been a Mackie SR 24 and I used the inserts for audio into 2 interfaces for 16 tracks into Auria. This worked great with only operator induced issues. This year the venue updated some of their gear. The Mackie was gone and a Midas M32 was in it's place. It's got the 32 track out USB card in it. If I get the routing within the M32 right will I be able to plug USB into my iPad Pro to still do live multi-track recording? I didn't have time this year to try the USB as I am unfamiliar with the routing end of things on the M32. Seems like it should work, but wanted to see if anyone else has tried this setup or is currently doing this. Thanks for any input anyone can offer.
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM