No input on Auria using X Air on iPad

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

hankrogers

No input on Auria using X Air on iPad

Post by hankrogers » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:16 am

Hi,

I need some help with this. We are using X18 with the X Air app on iPad (2018) for our InEar Monitoring.
We now want to use Auria to record out sessions. On the X Air the channels are going in and out on their respective channels.

1--1
2--2
3--3

and so on, on Auria on the Input matrix I can only set channel 1 which actually is the onboard mic, I don't get any signal from the X air app.

Any help on this, what is it that I am dining wrong here?

Thanks

Corey W
Expert

Re: No input on Auria using X Air on iPad

Post by Corey W » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:43 am

What model iPad are you using?

How exactly are you connecting your X18 to your iPad?

If you are only seeing 1 channel of i/o available in Auria Pro then your X18 is not being recognized as an interface yet.

hankrogers

Post by hankrogers » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:14 am

I am using the iPad model 2018, the connection to the X18 is via WiFi, I can adjust everything on the X18 via the iPad and do my setup with it.
But yes, obviously the iPad or Auria does not recognise it as audio input.

So what do I need to do?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Wifi won't work to connect any audio interface to an iPad. You will need to get an Apple Camera Connection kit and make a physical connection.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W ... ra-adapter

hankrogers

Post by hankrogers » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Ok, thank you for that information. Seems that Behringer kind of missed that little detail out in their YouTube Video.
That of course changes the whole game.

Thanks for your help.

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:21 pm

I have successfully recorded many hours of live shows onto Auria using the xr18 but recently I have been having trouble getting auria to see the xr18. Everything is the same; using the usb cable with the camera adapter, but now, there is only 1 input showing in the drop down menu and on the input matrix. I tried changing usb cables. I deleted auria and reloaded it and it worked yesterday but today it is not working again. I don’t know what I did and now it seems like it could be an intermittent problem....any suggestions? I’m in the middle of a multitrack recording and I’m stuck

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:37 am

Nothing in the last few Auria updates has changed the audio interface code, but it's possible an iOS update has changed something (or a firmware update on your interface). Have you recently updated either?

Rim